Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
EQ5 - Users Discussion >

EQ5 - Users Discussion

EQ5 - Users Discussion

Old 02-03-2014, 12:46 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Chris48 View Post
I thought I'd mention, I did get in touch with the lady who the article in the magazine was about, to ask if she knew the name of the block. She didn't know so that is why I thought it was okay for me to name it. If anyone knows what the block might be called please let me know. Would rather call it by the right name! Chris

How about Tuxedo Bow Tie. That is what I see !!! Great design !!
Old 02-03-2014, 01:56 PM

I also have the EQ5 and have spent many hours designing patterns, some of which I've actually made. I have never felt the need to get a newer model as this one works very well, thank you. "It ain't broke" Sloane
Old 02-03-2014, 07:46 PM

I recently purchased the new version of BlockBase and couldn't find anything that looked similar. I believe the quilt falls into the category of a three-patch and paid particular attention to those and found nothing but I decided to check Barbara Brackman's Encyclopedia of Pieced Quilt Patterns; and she does a pattern called the Double Z (pg.389 no 3221) which is not like the one from Quilter's Cache. Barbara's book shows a block like mine but Quilter's Cache shows a block by the same name with a pinwheel in the center.

An interesting bit that I've also learned that a block very similar to the Double Z is pg 161 no 1140a was unnamed-Dakota Farmer 1926 Barbara Frietschie-Grandmother Clark. That is my maiden name and my grandmother was a quilter. I love doing research on things so all this is right my alley!

I understand Rhonda's point about copyright but with so many variations of pattern that are already available; how one person could claim something as their own, is little hard for me to understand. Copyright is so tricky and best left to those who know it. I'm not selling anything so I don't I have much to worry about, or that is what I've been told!
Old 02-03-2014, 09:47 PM
Power Poster

There are strong rules on not posting any copyrighted material on the Quilting Board. I was just mentioning it so noone would get in trouble here.

I also don't always know if what I created is original to me or not for sure. but I usually play it safe and qualify anything I come up with to say as far as I know it is original to me.

Mainly if you are posting a pic of someone else's work make sure you check for copyright restrictions first. Just a precaution so you wont' get in trouble.

Posting your own pic is not what I was refering to.
Old 02-03-2014, 09:49 PM
Power Poster

If anyone has any questions about using your EQ5 don't hesitate to ask. I'm sure there are many members who will help you.
Old 02-04-2014, 01:07 PM
Power Poster

Hi Rhonda
I have a question. How does one send an EQ pattern to another EQ user?? Can it only be sent from EQ5 to an EQ5 user or can I as a EQ5 send it to my friend who just purchase EQ7 for her birthday ??? THANKS
Old 02-04-2014, 04:09 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
Hi Rhonda
I have a question. How does one send an EQ pattern to another EQ user?? Can it only be sent from EQ5 to an EQ5 user or can I as a EQ5 send it to my friend who just purchase EQ7 for her birthday ??? THANKS
Yes you can. You would send her the file and then she saves it to her computer. then she can open it in her EQ7.

I'm questioning if she will have trouble opening it if she does't have EQ5 and that I don't know for sure. as I have all 3 I can't experiment to find out. The EQ7 will open the file no problem but if she doesn't have the driver for EQ5 installed it may not work.

I'd say try it and see. The EQ people don't know much about the EQ5 anymore because they deem it too obsolete.

Last edited by Rhonda; 02-04-2014 at 04:21 PM.
Old 02-05-2014, 02:43 PM
Power Poster

OK Rhoda, what file?? I am at a lost. Sorry. Start from the beginning. I know how to export a quilt. Can we go from there ??? THANKS
Old 02-05-2014, 03:36 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
OK Rhoda, what file?? I am at a lost. Sorry. Start from the beginning. I know how to export a quilt. Can we go from there ??? THANKS
Okay export your quilt and save it on your computer. this is your "file" Next email her and attach your file to your email.

She will need to import it into her EQ7.

Last edited by Rhonda; 02-05-2014 at 03:40 PM.
Old 02-07-2014, 03:36 PM
Power Poster

Thanks Rhoda. So you do it just like export a picture of a quilt and then make it an attachment instead of embedding it into an email. Do I save it as a BMP file?? Normally I send pictures out as JPEG. HOPE they change that default in EQ6 or EQ7.