Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
EQ6 downloading fabric collections >

EQ6 downloading fabric collections

EQ6 downloading fabric collections

Old 01-28-2015, 11:05 AM

Default EQ6 downloading fabric collections

I want to start using EQ6 again to design a couple of quilts. I used it in the past but for very simple quilts. I want to download a couple of Moda fabric collections and wonder how to do it. I got to the Moda designer site and saw the fabric. Do I save each fabric piece or is there a way to do the whole collection. Hope this makes sense and someone can help.
Thanks
Old 01-28-2015, 11:10 AM
Power Poster

Not sure if the whole collection can be done. I have always done one fabric at a time when I use my EQ5. Don't forget that they have to be saved as bitmap.
Old 01-28-2015, 11:46 AM
Power Poster

I am not sure if there is a difference between EQ6 and EQ7. With version 7, I set up a folder where I copy the image of the fabric to that folder and then I open EQ7 and import the photo. If you have a manual, I would refer to it. You might also want to check on the free fabric that is downloadable from the EQ website.

Last edited by ManiacQuilter2; 01-28-2015 at 11:48 AM.
Old 01-28-2015, 12:03 PM

I did set up a folder for one of the collections and saved each individual fabric swatch to the folder. They are jpeg format. I haven't imported it to EQ6 yet. I was just wondering if I was doing it right. In the past, I thought one could download the whole collection instead of each piece individually. Maybe I am not remembering correctly.
Old 01-28-2015, 12:36 PM

I download the zip files that have the multiple images in them. Then I import them all at once into EQ (I have 7 but I would imagine 6 works the same way).
Old 01-28-2015, 12:38 PM

adding that I download them from this page, using the blue scissors links, not the individual fabric line page.

http://storefront.unitednotions.com/...age=zDownloads
Old 01-28-2015, 01:11 PM
Power Poster

it depends on how the manufacturer sets up their free download. I have downloaded the whole collection in a zip format. it looks like a box when it downloads onto your computer. then you need an unzip program to open it. That is a free download online.

You do need to change all the pics to bitmap form to put into your EQ. I just discovered ( and I've had my EQ since 09) in your own file once you've downloaded - you can hold down the control button and click on all the pics you want to add to your EQ and then click on open. It will add all of your pics into the window and then you have to copy them all into your sketchbook.

I went looking for Moda downloads. here is a site I found where you can download all of the Moda collections as a zip file. This means it will download the whole collection into your file. But it does take awhile before you can open the file. then you need an unzip program to unzip the file. Once you've done that then you need to turn them all into bitmaps and add to your EQ.
There are 3 scissors in diff colors at the top of the page. the blue one is jpg files click on it in the collection you want to use. Then it will do the download for you.

http://storefront.unitednotions.com/...age=zDownloads
Old 01-28-2015, 01:41 PM

I don't have to change to bitmap for EQ7. Maybe that's a requirement for older versions. btw that is the same link I just posted. lol
Old 01-28-2015, 05:47 PM

Thank you so much for the link to the files. I didn't see that when I was at the United Notions site. I was able to download and extract and save to a file, but now I am wondering how I differentiate each collection in my fabric file as I called it, as I downloaded a couple of collections.

I didn't have to change to bitmap.
I am having a problem with importing the files into EQ6, but I called their help line and was given some suggestions for things to try.

Last edited by Joan in AK; 01-28-2015 at 05:50 PM.
Old 01-28-2015, 06:21 PM

I finally figured out how to organize the different collections. Now if I can figure out how to import to EQ6, I am on my way.