Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
EQ7 Question >

EQ7 Question

EQ7 Question

Old 07-06-2010, 05:32 PM

I got my new EQ7 upgrade.. installed it.. and then had to leave for a trip.. boo hooo.. I hate that.. just get something and then don't get to use it.. I'll be hard at it as soon as I get home!!
Old 07-06-2010, 06:06 PM

Got it, haven't installed or read the book
Old 07-06-2010, 06:16 PM

I'm fairly new to quilting, but purchased EQ7. I'm still reading the book, have been playing with it but far from thoroughly understanding it. So far it's wonderful, and I'm learning a lot. There's a lot I don't understand and would appreciate any tips to help a newby.
Old 07-07-2010, 05:28 AM

Hi G-Rich...

I've been using EQ for a long time now...possibly back to "3"...it's been that long and I'm getting that old <grin>.

Two suggestions for learning..."do" as much or more than "read". The book can make perfect sense, but "doing it" along with the instructions as best as you can will help you learn faster.

The thing that took the longest for me was figuring out all the buttons and do-hickies on the toolbars, and "doing" makes that go faster.

Next, if and when, EQ offers additional books...there was one about drawing blocks with either EQ6 or EQ7 that was wonderful. If there's not one currently available, maybe you could pick up one of the older ones on Amazon, but get it used...way less $$$$. The book has several drawing projects that really took me through the EQ program...I recommend them highly.

Finally (oops!-guess there's three things), there's an EQ list, I think you get to it through the EQ website...Barb Vlack and people from EQ are on that list and help people with problems. It's nice back up support.

Hope this helps in some small way.

Julie
Old 07-07-2010, 09:58 AM

use the free lesson vdeos over and over as they will help you so much to get the fabric and other things from the libeary in the program. i just click on them to refresh my mind as we all do so many different things hugs ((((())))) Weze

PLUS what that other gal said about the books i got all the extra ones on Amazon.com at a much less price so now i have them all and the best thing they all work with the EQ7 from EQ6 book i mean
Old 07-07-2010, 05:41 PM

Do you have the SBS book and go by the book and then pick out your blocks? How are you proceeding with this? I have EQ7 (not yet installed) but want to to SBS. Thanks.

Originally Posted by candlequilter
I have EQ7 and it is the first EQ that I have had. I am using it and love it. I have decided to do the Sylvia's Bridal Sampler and I am using it for that because the blocks are a 6" block but I decided I wanted to do them in a 9" block. The nice thing about it is that the SBS blocks are all traditional blocks so I can pick them out of the block library on EQ7 and just have it resize them for me with all the correct sizes and cutting layouts. Love it, love it, love it.
Old 07-08-2010, 03:17 AM

I have it...still waiting to be installed. Am getting ready for my wedding so it will have to wait till after the party. Can't wait to play with the pics from the wedding and make a memory quilt.
Old 07-08-2010, 04:29 AM

I upgraded to EQ7. I started with 5, and love it. I found when you learn along with the lessons you get alot of "aha" moments.
Old 07-08-2010, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by ann clare
How many of you have got EQ7 and not used it yet. I have taken it out and played but put it away none the wiser.
Mine arrived and is installed but haven't had time to look at it yet. I still need to finish the last tutorial lesson on EQ 6 before moving onto 7. We were getting ready for our daughter and her 4 children to visit and they were here for a week and now I'm recuperating and hope to get the last EQ6 lesson completed and then move on to lesson 6 hopefully next week. I'm eager to get going on learning how to use it.
Old 07-08-2010, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by MISHNJIM
Don't tell me that it's hard to understand. I just bought one and waiting for it's arrival. Can't wait.
Just be sure to do the tutorials. I'm bought 6 and the day before it arrived learned that 7 was out. Was so impressed with 6 that I went ahead and ordered 7 knowing I'd want it. There is a learning curve but if you do the tutorials and use the manual, you should be fine.