Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
EQ7 Question >

EQ7 Question

EQ7 Question

Old 07-08-2010, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by mrsmail
I have EQ5 and never learned to use it. I don't think it is user friendly at all.
I bought 6 and the ladies in my EQ Users Group were amazed at how quickly and easily I took to it as most of them were still on 5 and dealing with some challenges but love the program. From their reactions and the reaction of the lady assisting me that day, I'd say 6 is more user friendly than 5 was and 7 should be even better. 7 has 22 tutorials that you down load, print and use and I'm looking forward to doing them.
Old 07-12-2010, 06:53 PM

I have EQ7 and have played with it. It takes some time but once I learned a few things it is getting easier. I take pictures of my fabric then put it in EQ7 so I don't have to scan the fabric. This works great and I have used it to place colors on a quilt pattern. I know it will get easier and once the weather gets cold I will have more time.
Old 07-12-2010, 07:43 PM

I had it for a week or two before I managed to install it on my desktop and my netbook. I haven't really played with it much yet though. I'm still glad I bought it when I did because the price was better then. I've had EQ5 for a while and never did upgrade to 6 so I think it was time.
Old 07-13-2010, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by gale
I had it for a week or two before I managed to install it on my desktop and my netbook. I haven't really played with it much yet though. I'm still glad I bought it when I did because the price was better then. I've had EQ5 for a while and never did upgrade to 6 so I think it was time.
How do like it on your net book? Just bought one a few days ago and purchased the external CD/DVD drive and have been thinking about installing EQ7 on it so I can work on the tutorials during down time when we travel north for a couple of weeks. Just wasn't sure how it would do on such a small screen. So far though, I love the little net pad and think it'll come in very handy.
Old 07-13-2010, 08:51 AM

I just downloaded EQ7. I also went into the program files for EQ5 & 6, so I could transfer all the Library files and uninstall the old programs. Nice everything works great and all in one EQ file. Love it.
Old 07-13-2010, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by shaverg
I just downloaded EQ7. I also went into the program files for EQ5 & 6, so I could transfer all the Library files and uninstall the old programs. Nice everything works great and all in one EQ file. Love it.
Great! I'll have to do that as well. Thank you for replying.
Patty
Old 07-15-2010, 10:17 AM

When my DH is watching a program on the tube that I don't care to watch, I put on my headphones, and play with it. Since this is my first EQ, I am still learning...and having FUN!!!! I have a couple of quilts designed and saved for future making.

Patti
Old 07-15-2010, 10:34 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Pzazz
When my DH is watching a program on the tube that I don't care to watch, I put on my headphones, and play with it. Since this is my first EQ, I am still learning...and having FUN!!!! I have a couple of quilts designed and saved for future making.

Patti
I just got my first EQ, too, Patti. Just going through the tuts, but learning alot, can't wait to start applying what I've learned!! G
Old 07-15-2010, 01:11 PM

after getting a new hard drive installed I have not loaded EQ7 yet:(
Old 07-30-2010, 05:35 PM

I've been having so much trouble with my computer for so long, that I haven't yet installed my EQ7. I got a brand new MacBookPro today, so now I have no excuse to wait any longer! I've been excited to play around with it. :D