Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Is EQ7 worth it? >

Is EQ7 worth it?

Is EQ7 worth it?

Old 01-26-2015, 02:36 PM

Default Is EQ7 worth it?

For those of you that use EQ7, do you find it to be worth the money? Do you use it a lot? Do you use it to design quilts or just for calculating yardage? If it's actually good for designing quilts, that might be right up my alley. Thanks for any information that you could provide.
Old 01-26-2015, 02:53 PM
Power Poster

Put "Rhonda's Electric Quilt Class" in the search box in the upper right of this screen. There are over 20 lessons. You can look thru them and see what the program can do.
If you do decide to purchase, get it thru the Quilt in a Day site. The price will not be shown until it's in your cart, but it is the lowest one out there.
Old 01-26-2015, 03:26 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by michelleoc View Post
For those of you that use EQ7, do you find it to be worth the money? Do you use it a lot? Do you use it to design quilts or just for calculating yardage? If it's actually good for designing quilts, that might be right up my alley. Thanks for any information that you could provide.
i use my EQ5 constantly!!! but i do find that EQ does not estimate yardage all that well... but it overestimates which is better than underestimating.

if you feel the EQ7 price is out of your budget, look for a used EQ5... not an EQ6 because that version has limited lives.
Old 01-26-2015, 03:31 PM
Power Poster

I've had EQ since it was on floppy disc and ran on MS Dos. I've kept up the upgrades so never have to buy full price new program. The features I use the most are the block library, changing block sizes, import and trace, and converting to paper piecing. There are many many features I don't use simply because I don't have time. It's an advanced computer program but easy for beginners too.
Old 01-26-2015, 04:12 PM

It was for me. I love it and frequently use my EQ7.
Old 01-26-2015, 04:59 PM
Power Poster

I have EQ5 and love it but I bought EQ7 on eBay and paid a little over $100. There is such a bigger nicer fabric selection. I am always redesigning patterns and I don't think a day goes by that I am not printing out a design or something. Just design this today for a friend as a surprise. The geese are 1"x2" and I just printed the PP printouts off of EQ7.
Attached Thumbnails flying-geese-mini.jpg  
Old 01-26-2015, 07:12 PM
Power Poster

Most all quilt pattern designers use EQ, especially the patterns for magazine submission.
Old 01-26-2015, 07:54 PM

I don't know what the full price is. I purchased one of the older versions and the upgrades are cheaper than buying the current version.

I think it is worth it. I use the block library and a few easy design features.
Old 01-26-2015, 08:57 PM
Banned

I love EQ 7and use a lot!! I see quilts and often go home and create it in EQ7. If you are totally insane like me you even use it to create something like this - http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...ml#post7064941

I use the fabric feature a lot which makes it so nice to see how your quilt will really look whe done.

Originally Posted by michelleoc View Post
Old 01-26-2015, 09:05 PM

I haven't used it as much as I thought I would, but do find it helpful. Part of my not using it as much had to do with not always being where my laptop could connect to wifi in order to revalidate my program at the specified intervals.