Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Equal Hobby Opportunity! >

Equal Hobby Opportunity!

Equal Hobby Opportunity!

Old 06-25-2010, 06:32 AM

Now that's a dedicated quilter! I love the car, but the quilter gets my vote for best of show!
If my husband could find a crank machine for me, I might go fishing with him. Then again...
Old 06-25-2010, 10:58 AM

I wish my hubby and I could work something like this out for us because, he like to go sailing. I just can't see a way I could sew on his 25'Sailboat. With all of the jumping from side to side when he changes direction. What a laugh just thinking of it.
Old 06-25-2010, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by Lynnc
I wish my hubby and I could work something like this out for us because, he like to go sailing. I just can't see a way I could sew on his 25'Sailboat. With all of the jumping from side to side when he changes direction. What a laugh just thinking of it.
I can only imagine the degree of seasickness you'd both have if you were working on one of those dynamic swirly kaleidoscope quilts! :-D
Old 06-25-2010, 06:03 PM

If you don't mine me asking how does a hand crank machine work? I have never heard of them.
Old 06-25-2010, 06:14 PM

A very ingenious idea! Good for you... happy sewing on car show trips!
Old 06-25-2010, 06:27 PM

What an inspiration!! That was SUCH a good idea you had! - love it! When I think of the years I followed my DH all around the US playing ball (fastpitch softball), I'm green w/envy! But most of those years we had half a dozen kids w/us, so I guess trying to sew would have been out of the question! lol I'm happy as a hoppin' bunny you've shared it w/others tho, so they can enjoy their time while at the DH' hobbies :) Good for you!!
Old 06-25-2010, 09:02 PM

You are lucky to find a hand crank and what fun you are having ! One of the ladies in our charity quilt group has one. She goes to truck and tractor shows with her hubby. She does the same as you, sets up her table and away she goes. She gets a lot of of interest from the people. She makes all of her Drunkards Path tops on it. Have fun !!
Old 06-26-2010, 12:50 PM

Way to go, girl!! My hubby had a friend who could no longer keep his 06 Lingenfelter Vett due to illness. The friend never even had the opportunity to drive it since the Lingenfelter upgrade. Naturally, out of friendship, my hubby just HAD to buy it in order to keep it out of "unfriendly" hands or, worse yet, a total stranger who just wouldn't understand it the way they did. So, in the spirit of partnership and common good in the mental health department, I went out and bought my dream sewing machine, paying almost three times more for it than my first car (which was a VW Beetle in the late 60's). Since then I know I have put way more miles on my machine than he has on his, which rarely sees the sunlight. We are both happy. Life is good.
Old 06-28-2010, 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by connecticut quilter
If you don't mine me asking how does a hand crank machine work? I have never heard of them.
A hand crank machine (at least mine) is the same as one with a motor or a treadle. Instead of the rubber "wheel" from the motor turning the shaft, there's a hand crank that is used to turn the shaft. Not sure if this is the best explanation but its what I've got. :)
Old 06-28-2010, 07:08 AM

Wow, thanks for all the kudos and compliments, folks! What a response! I think I hit a few nerves when it comes to trailing along on car shows and such. If my approach inspired anyone, I'm a happy camper. Or, should I say, a happy quilter!