Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ever have "one of those" quilts that you can't wait to finish?

Yep, think we all have at one time or another. I've got so much fabric on hand, can't think of buying new stuff just yet..other than to fill in a solid color (most of mine are prints).

I have some customers send me fabrics that are very thin (for backings), or quilts made of really thin fabric....I spray with spray starch and let it dry (I don't iron it dry, since I have it on the quilting machine, it sort of presses itself..). Adds a bit of body... Sewing for myself...if the fabric is really thin...I starch the heck out of it first...I won't use it really flimsy. If I am using a satin or something in a crazy quilt or baby quilt...I add a tear away fusible stabilizer to the back...in a pinch, I'll add freezer paper ironed onto the back.

Quote Originally Posted by tngal22 View Post
    I did stop at about the 3rd row because it was making me ill. I picked it back up later and did it it in sections until it was done. It is such cute fabric too, the Lil Rascals line with the dogs, cats, geese, etc on it. I love the design on it but not so much the thinness of the fabric.
    Marge Campbell
    TL18LS/Qbot V3 automated quilter
    https://www.facebook.com/campbellsquiltingbymarge

I thought Moda was supposed to have good quality fabrics. So far I have not bought jelly rolls, or layer cakes or anything like that, so I am able to feel the texture of the fabric on the bolt before I purchase. Sorry you had so many problems.
    When a dying man asked his pastor "How long does it take to die?" his pastor's heartfelt reply was "A lifetime." Live life to the fullest, but stop now and then to enjoy the sunset.
    Lynda

Blog Entries
    I may win the prize on this one..........I have a good friend who has a daughter was getting marrried in OCT..so I started making her a quilt, she loves lavendar colors..............that was "6" YEARS AGO this OCT and I still have NOT got that quilt finished........its about 2/3 done..........and for the life of me, I have NO idea WHY I cant just go and finish it........its like I just keep trying to forget its sitting there, on the shelf, waiting for me.... I think the real reason is that I HATE having to do a large quilt on my sewing machine, and this is a QUEEN size one.........maybe we need to organize a "work swap" so that we could help eaach other finish these thing...........

Okay, I really belong here lol.... My first queensize quilt is still not finished. Its all done with blues and yellows. I am quilting it by hand and I am sure by the time I get it done I will hate it. Its been over 6 years . I remember laying it out to pin at my friends house and her2 week old grandaughter was being passed around the other ladies as they watched me pin. Shes now in first grade. lol I do have to admit that this quilt did hang in my closet for about 3 years before I started to quilt it. I couldn't decide how I would do the hand quilting. Finally one night I had a dream that I was quilting daisys on it. That was it. found the 2 correct size templates the next day at the quilt shop exactly what I saw in that dream. I have been working slowly on this and the other day the question of the quilting on the border came up. Decided I wanted a simple leaf pattern. Found the perfect template at a quilt show a short time later. I keep telling my friends I should have this one quilted and done about the time friends grandaughter graduates high school. lol

So glad I am not alone in this. lol I still have not finished mine but did start planning another. Oops. lol
    Sabrina
    Mommy to a 6 year old little girl, 3 dogs, 5 cats, and 2 fish. lol Life keeps me busy but when I have a moment, I love to sew
    http://ataleofamilitaryfamily.blogspot.com/
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/HugsLove

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2