Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Fabric on the Bolt

wish we were getting rain

Blog Entries
    Welcome from Arizona!

i hope they bring back fabric @ wal-mart some jobs were lost when they cut back . we just need to keep asking untill they do every week

Our WM hasn't had fabric in a long time. When I was there a couple weeks ago I noticed 4 bolts in the very limited craft section and there was a sign that said $5/bolt. Let me tell you...that fabric was terrible! It was thin and the bolts weren't even full!! Personally, I never liked WM fabric so I don't really care if they carry it or not. I try not to spend any more money there than I have to.

Yes, our store just got fabric back. There are bolts and cut pieces. Does not look like we will have as much as we once had.

I live in central (outside of Tampa) Florida. Several of the Walmarts down here do not have fabric departments - including the "busiest Walmart in the Country" - in Pinellas Park. Everytime they renovate the "older" Walmarts the fabric department disappears.
    Beginning to be a real bummer.
    June

Quote Originally Posted by dollie
    Hi I'm from Alabama, and I was wondering if anyone knows if Wal Mart will bring back a full department on the fabric and have it on the bolt or will it be in package. Everyone needs to e-mail Wal Mart and ask for the fabric on the bolt. That will be a lot better, because we use to get in some good $1.50 and $2.00 a yd material. And what I seen at another store was in packages. So please, lets try to get the bolts and full fabric department back.
    I was in our Walmart Saturday and was told they are bringing back fabric because of the petitions. They already had some and I did have some cut. The last time I was there ,the cuting table was even gone but it is back now. I was glad to see that!

Hello from Tn. Our local Walmart discontinued the bolts but has the precuts. I can go 35 miles to another town and they have everything.

Hi from southeast Michigan... we have 3 WalMart stores fairly close to me and only 1 sells fabric (of course it's the one the farthest distance). I would love to have it available at all the stores, especially the one that is only 7 miles from me

this has been talked to death for MONTHS, and it comes around every so often one again. the cuts are super cheap and they dont care at Walmart, they are cutting their overhead by less employees. there was a write in MONTHS ago, they havent listened to consumers yet. Like I said , this board I think is over the discussion, as Is the yahoo groups I am on. Sorry
    but this topic is very old. Not trying to shoot you down or make you mad. Just stating facts

We had our super walmart take out their material, but the older one still carries material. I like the $1.50 and 2.00 yard. The started selling it 5 yard bolts for $5.00. I hope they all do start selling material.

that is sooooo thin, I wouldnt spend money on it. Sorry that is just my opnion. it wouldnt last a washing machine for very long

Wished wal mart would bring back the fabric. The walmarts in Alabama has almost discontuined all the fabric in the Birmingham area. Mable a new quilter

Hi I'm from Alabama, and I was wondering if anyone knows if Wal Mart will bring back a full department on the fabric and have it on the bolt or will it be in package. Everyone needs to e-mail Wal Mart and ask for the fabric on the bolt. That will be a lot better, because we use to get in some good $1.50 and $2.00 a yd material. And what I seen at another store was in packages. So please, lets try to get the bolts and full fabric department back.
    We still have our fabric dept.thank god for it an iI just bought some 1.50 flannel thats really good compared to some they had yrs ago.One was solid black an the other was black with xmas ornaments on it an i just fell in love with it.

Quote Originally Posted by cooper
    that is sooooo thin, I wouldnt spend money on it. Sorry that is just my opnion. it wouldnt last a washing machine for very long
    not all of it is the thin stuff there are some really good pieces to not all of us can afford the eight dollar stuff.

I never meant to hurt your feelings, I for sure cannot afford the 10.00 dollar stuff here. 8.00 a yard was a long time ago here-lol

every piece I looked at here, it was thin when I put it near the light and put my hand to it. that does not mean yours is the same as this walmarts. so please accept my apologies

I make charity quilts, I live in a 20x40 building and sew in it, with my 3 longhair cats, and I am on disablility that is so small there is no squeak. so I am not at all pointing fingers

I hope you realize I meant no harm.

I live in Pullman WA, on the 27th a new supper WalMart is to open here. Last Jan. I wrote to WalMart asking for a nice fabric department, shopping here is so bad. We have one small quilt shop and nothing else. I did get a reply by e-mail, here is the address.
    [email protected], phone number is 479-277-8979. Let them hear from all of us that want and need the fabric center.
    motherbark

I bought 4 of the prepackaged 2 yd. packs of printed flannel at WallyWorld for $7 per pack. I'm making some pillowcases for some kids. I wasn't in the mood to drive to Hobby Lobby or JoAnn's (a bit farther than WalMart) The fabric isn't bad for $3.50 per yard.

CAN'T WAIT UNTIL WE GET A FULL FABRIC DEPARTMENT BACK!

I have never seen fabric in packages at WM. Have seen the fats, but they are tied together.

The only way Wal Mart will listen to the wants and needs of the people is if it effects them on the balance sheet.
    Stop purchasing from Wal Mart. If we continue to buy food goods, clothing, shoes, party goods, toys, sporting goods, etc from Wal Mart they will not feel the impact of how unhappy we as consumers are.
    Are you willing to go elsewhere for your shopping?
    Wini - House of BCC in Houston

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovemydogs
    Welcome from Arizona!
    where exactly is White? I am in Eagar, which is Eastern side, but, don't know of a white

It sure would be nice to have the Wal-mart get their
    fabric and suppies back in. The 3 thst are close to me
    don't have it and it would be very nice to have it back instead of their Party section that they put instead.

With the ecomony I really don't think that people are thinking about parties.

Hi,
    Just spoke with a Wal Mart employee in Poway, CA, where they still have a large selection of fabric on the bolts. She said her manager is trying very hard to keep that dept. going! The Wal Mart in El Cajon, CA also still has the fabric dept. Let's hope they all get their fabric depts. back!!

Once Wal Mart decides to remodel a store the fabrics will go. Makes no difference who if fighting to keep them.
    Do not shop at Wal Mart and let them know the reason is that they took fabrics away from us.
    Wini - House of BCC in Houston.

We have emailed WM to no avail. All the stores are putting in packaged pre-cut fabric. The customer is NOT always right. I don't think that great God in the sky called CORPORATE has ever sewn.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast