Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Fabric on the Bolt >

Fabric on the Bolt

Fabric on the Bolt

Old 10-18-2010, 04:07 PM

I live in central (outside of Tampa) Florida. Several of the Walmarts down here do not have fabric departments - including the "busiest Walmart in the Country" - in Pinellas Park. Everytime they renovate the "older" Walmarts the fabric department disappears.
Beginning to be a real bummer.
June
Old 10-18-2010, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by dollie
Hi I'm from Alabama, and I was wondering if anyone knows if Wal Mart will bring back a full department on the fabric and have it on the bolt or will it be in package. Everyone needs to e-mail Wal Mart and ask for the fabric on the bolt. That will be a lot better, because we use to get in some good $1.50 and $2.00 a yd material. And what I seen at another store was in packages. So please, lets try to get the bolts and full fabric department back.
I was in our Walmart Saturday and was told they are bringing back fabric because of the petitions. They already had some and I did have some cut. The last time I was there ,the cuting table was even gone but it is back now. I was glad to see that!
Old 10-18-2010, 05:50 PM

Hello from Tn. Our local Walmart discontinued the bolts but has the precuts. I can go 35 miles to another town and they have everything.
Old 10-18-2010, 05:52 PM

Hi from southeast Michigan... we have 3 WalMart stores fairly close to me and only 1 sells fabric (of course it's the one the farthest distance). I would love to have it available at all the stores, especially the one that is only 7 miles from me
Old 10-18-2010, 07:18 PM

this has been talked to death for MONTHS, and it comes around every so often one again. the cuts are super cheap and they dont care at Walmart, they are cutting their overhead by less employees. there was a write in MONTHS ago, they havent listened to consumers yet. Like I said , this board I think is over the discussion, as Is the yahoo groups I am on. Sorry
but this topic is very old. Not trying to shoot you down or make you mad. Just stating facts
Old 10-18-2010, 07:43 PM

We had our super walmart take out their material, but the older one still carries material. I like the $1.50 and 2.00 yard. The started selling it 5 yard bolts for $5.00. I hope they all do start selling material.
Old 10-18-2010, 07:45 PM

that is sooooo thin, I wouldnt spend money on it. Sorry that is just my opnion. it wouldnt last a washing machine for very long
Old 10-18-2010, 08:01 PM

Wished wal mart would bring back the fabric. The walmarts in Alabama has almost discontuined all the fabric in the Birmingham area. Mable a new quilter
Old 10-18-2010, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by dollie
Hi I'm from Alabama, and I was wondering if anyone knows if Wal Mart will bring back a full department on the fabric and have it on the bolt or will it be in package. Everyone needs to e-mail Wal Mart and ask for the fabric on the bolt. That will be a lot better, because we use to get in some good $1.50 and $2.00 a yd material. And what I seen at another store was in packages. So please, lets try to get the bolts and full fabric department back.
We still have our fabric dept.thank god for it an iI just bought some 1.50 flannel thats really good compared to some they had yrs ago.One was solid black an the other was black with xmas ornaments on it an i just fell in love with it.
Old 10-18-2010, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by cooper
that is sooooo thin, I wouldnt spend money on it. Sorry that is just my opnion. it wouldnt last a washing machine for very long
not all of it is the thin stuff there are some really good pieces to not all of us can afford the eight dollar stuff.