Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Fabric from Connecting Threads >

Fabric from Connecting Threads

Fabric from Connecting Threads

Old 05-25-2012, 04:57 AM

Definitely call the company. Maybe they know about this already and have a solution. I use their fabrics quite a bit, but not the Mirage. Hope you find a solution.
Old 05-25-2012, 06:13 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Tammi M View Post
I read the posts nearly every day and notice that a lot of you mention buying fabric from Connecting Threads, so I decided I had to try it. The price was great, and the quality of the fabric seems great too, but I have had a hard time ironing some of it. I purchased some pieces from their Mirage section, and washed it because it felt stiff and starchy. When I go to iron the fabric, it seems like such a hard job because my iron does not want to smoothly glide over the fabric-just like it has some funny finish on it. Some of the colors are fine, though, so I don't know why some are that way. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, what did you do about it?
I don't post much-I'm just happy to read about everyone else's accomplishments and what lessons they have learned that I can apply to my quiliting!
I have bought a lot of fabric from CT and have loved all of it. I did get a two yard cut that had a quarter size grease spot on it. I called them and wanted to send it back. They told me not to bother and sent me another two yard cut free of charge.....Now that is what I call service. I have never had any problems ironing their fabric. Just call them...they are easy to deal with......Good Luck to you.....
Old 05-25-2012, 06:27 AM

Thanks for all the suggestions. I think I will contact them to see if they have any ideas. It is not my iron-just got a new one recently, and it's clean. I did try to iron it on the back, and that seemed to help also. It must be just some type of finish on it. It isn't enough of a problem to keep me from trying some of their other fabrics-can't wait to see what they put on sale next!
Old 05-25-2012, 06:38 AM

I have never had any problems with Connecting Threads Fabrics and I order from them quite often. If you clean your iron and it still is not satisfactory to you contact Connecting Threads and see what they say about it. There customer service is great.
Old 05-25-2012, 06:50 AM

you can also clean the iron with a used dryer sheet, and I suggest calling them, they will make it good
Old 05-25-2012, 09:31 AM

Could it be our iron was set to hot?? try lowering the heat a bit.
Old 05-25-2012, 10:05 AM

've always had really good luck with ct fabric. never a complaint. sorry i can't help. welcome to the board from philly! and it's nice to have you post!
Old 05-25-2012, 11:04 AM
Power Poster

I have bought several fabrics from C.T. and have loved it all, no problems. It is amazing some people have problems with exact same fabrics and lots more people have no problems. UM!!
Old 05-25-2012, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by reginalovesfabric View Post
you can also clean the iron with a used dryer sheet, and I suggest calling them, they will make it good
Just an aside, but used dryer sheets clean glass and chrome beautifully.
Old 05-25-2012, 05:48 PM

Peckish asked the question I was thinking...lol I use Magic sizing or Best Press when I press fabric
after washing it. I would call the company, they need to know if it was a bad batch.