Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
fabric cutter >

fabric cutter

fabric cutter

Old 03-18-2014, 01:21 PM

Default fabric cutter

oops... I think my original post went to another list... I'm new to this board so please excuse me
I was wondering if any one has tried the Accu Cut Go . I'm thinking about getting one but not sure...
Thanks
TrevorsMeme
Old 03-18-2014, 01:36 PM
Power Poster

You can check on your posts by clicking on your profile. Be sure to always add a comment to something you will want to come back to. You can also find that in your profile. These cutting machines are just too expensive for me. Welcome to the board....
Old 03-18-2014, 01:39 PM
Power Poster

You posted your question about fabric cutters in the introduction section. This is the main section. It takes a little time to get to know where everything is located.
Old 03-18-2014, 01:40 PM

I do not have this item. However, I welcome you to this board. You will learn more than you can imagine!
Old 03-18-2014, 01:54 PM

Hello, and welcome. I do have the go cutter and yes it is worth it. Especially if you have bad wrists, arms, etc. The patterns, everything is expensive if you don't get a coupon. That's the way everything is now days.
Old 03-18-2014, 02:03 PM
Power Poster

I have the Go and bought it as soon as it was available to buy. I rarely cut pieces with a rotary cutter anymore. When a die I don 't have goes on sale I buy it. I haven't found many quilt pattern I can't make using the dies. I strip piece scraps together and cut large shapes like the tumbler or hexagon.
Old 03-18-2014, 04:05 PM
Power Poster

I have the Go! Whether it is worthwhile depends a lot on individual preferences. It is a lifesaver for people who have difficulty cutting with a rotary cutter. If you use the "search" feature located at the top righthand corner of the screen, you will find lots of previous threads about Accuquilt. Lots of info in those threads.
Old 03-19-2014, 12:08 AM

I think you will find the money if it is for you. Try to watch some demonstrations and utubes. Then go and see if you can try one. Why do you want it. I decided to. Buy one from amazon and got the sizzex as they were going cheaper than usually. Aqucutter shapes will fit. You do need to turn a. Handle so if a hand problem is a reason you need to try.
Someone posted recently about them making an electric version.
Old 03-19-2014, 05:04 AM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

I have two actually, one for home and one for travel and/or back up... I love mine.. I got mine a long time ago when they first came out and when the handle broke hubby got me a new one while AccuQuilt fixed the broken handle - on AQ's dime... I have most of the dies now, well not all the appliques but my favs are the 2x2 / 2.5 /bricks / all the rags - who wants to snip ?!?! NOT THIS GAL !! / both tumblers / and the specialty ones like DWR , again, who wants to cut all those by hand ?!?!? .... im not a fan of the strips, but i do have them.. it seems that i can slice my own faster than the time takes me to perfectly fold and lay it on the die.. That beign said, i do use them to cross cut.. whoever came up with that idea that was just plain fabulous.. the dies can get pretty pricey but online almost everything goes on sale, ya just have to keep looking... The Mats IMHO are not bad cost wise.. they are alwasy on sale somewhere and i do see them as disposable so i ALWAYS have a back up mat to the back up mat to the back up mat.. yes i do keep 3-4 of each size mats on hand.. if im on my last two, well there always my birthday, mothers day, valentines day and Christmas... Just have to hint to hubby I need replacements.. lol..

So for me the GO was well worth it.. I use it all the time.. IM a scrapper.. and it has utilized scrap fabrics for me that i never would of tackled otherwise..
Old 03-19-2014, 05:13 AM

I agree with all of the pro comments. I have one and many dies...use it a lot and don't regret it's purchase at all.