Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Fabric cutters >

Fabric cutters

Fabric cutters

Old 08-22-2014, 11:13 PM

I love june taylor shape rule it,s wonderful but yesterday the fuse cretivity sistem arrived home. And several sizzix dies apple core included.
Love it!!!!!
In joanns the fuse is very cheap!!!! And you can use go and sizzix dies
You could see it in my blog. Sorry but i don,t know how to upload pic with my tablet. The link is in my signature.
I hope i,ll be helpful
Old 08-22-2014, 11:19 PM

Everyone has said how there is very little waste when using a die cutter. As I'm going to play with one soon, I was wondering if anyone had any tips for how to waste as little fabric as possible? do you cut out a square of fabric to use or do you fold it cleverly?
Old 08-24-2014, 03:42 AM

Originally Posted by Sisty88 View Post
Everyone has said how there is very little waste when using a die cutter. As I'm going to play with one soon, I was wondering if anyone had any tips for how to waste as little fabric as possible? do you cut out a square of fabric to use or do you fold it cleverly?
You'll get a lot of different responses to this. I watched some Skizzix demos which were a YouTube type thing. It was awhile ago and I'm not sure if I went in through the company's site or just through You Tube. The demo showed folding. I cut mine into the same size as the template and cut several layers at a time to have hardly any waste. I'm sure a search of "how to die cut fabric" will show up some tutes. Maybe someone will come up with a good link.
Old 08-24-2014, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by tron80 View Post
I love june taylor shape rule it,s wonderful but yesterday the fuse cretivity sistem arrived home. And several sizzix dies apple core included.
Love it!!!!!
In joanns the fuse is very cheap!!!! And you can use go and sizzix dies
You could see it in my blog. Sorry but i don,t know how to upload pic with my tablet. The link is in my signature.
I hope i,ll be helpful

Looks a lot like GO BABY in size...since my only language is English I couldn't read your blogspot, but pics were interesting. I have a GO, but the cost of the dies is getting out of hand..might be worth adding to cutter/die collection.........will look into it. Glad toy are enjoying your new Roy....I have to admit they are fun to use and the accuracy of cut is phenom........