Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Fabric fabric fabric >

Fabric fabric fabric

Fabric fabric fabric

Old 01-23-2013, 10:34 PM

I buy some fabric at JoAnn's, however, the quality is hit and miss. I buy at Walmart. They often have better quality fabric than JoAnns and it's a lot less $$. I also buy online and at LQS. I look at fabric wherever I go and I buy what I like when I can afford it.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:04 AM

Connecting Threads and Hancocks.
MaryKatherine
Old 01-24-2013, 04:19 AM

I am not connected to a shop called Dovie's Quilting and Fabrics...I got her name from a post on this Board.. She is delightful to talk with and the fabric was on sale...I will be using her more..I sometimes us Joannn's (not much of a selection) and Hancocks here locally...I don't shop at Walmart for anything..service stinks.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:40 AM

I buy at the LQS where I work (Caroline's Cottage Cottons in Rome City, IN). She has what I like and I get an employee discount. AND, it's only 3 miles from my house!

I did order some fabric from Hancock's of Paducah this week, but only because we don't carry it at our shop, and my DD wants a peacock quilt. I really HATED paying for shipping!
Old 01-24-2013, 04:50 AM

I try to support my LQS, but usually have to buy in their clearance room. I buy online from Connecting Threads and Honey Fork Fabrics - both have great prices and great customer service and both are in the state I live in!
Old 01-24-2013, 05:39 AM

Default Everywhere I can!

Originally Posted by hisgrace1 View Post
Where do buy your fabric from?
Mary Jo's in Gastonia when possible; Connecting Threads; Tennessee Quilts online and in Jonesborough, TN, Wal Mart, clearance at LQS
Old 01-24-2013, 06:37 AM

I buy my fabric online from Ericas and fatquartershop when they have their fabric on sale.
Usually for 40% off.
Great quality fabric, and great service as well, never disappointed in any purchase.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:52 AM

I try to shop my LQS and other quilt shops a little farther away. Then I shop online (Whittles, Connecting Threads, etc.). I try not to shop at Joann's much because older quilts I've made with their fabrics have deteriorated badly. It's amazing the difference in just one quilt - some fabrics are faded and in tatters, some are just fine. The "fine" ones are quilt shop quality.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:29 AM

I had exactly the opposite experience. Many years ago, when I knew nothing about quilting or quality fabric I made a small quilt for my husband's chair using all Joann's fabric and C&C thread. He sat on that most every night for probably 8-10 years. I had to repair one block that frayed. To say that they quilt "Held up well" is an understatement. I don't buy much at Joann because I don't like the prints, but I don't discount it all either.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:30 AM

LQS, Hancock, JoAnn's or order online from Missouri Star Quilt Co. I also make occasional trips to Fabric Quilt warehouse.