Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
fabric storage >

fabric storage

fabric storage

Old 01-26-2012, 07:47 PM

Default ruler method fold

Originally Posted by echoemb View Post
I also use the comic boards and get them from Amazon. I cut mine in half as alot of my stash is FQ's and pieces. The bigger pieces I just fold using the ruler method and stack it on a shelf.
what is the ruler method for folding. thanks in advance
Old 01-27-2012, 01:25 AM

Everytime someone new moves in I talk them out of their cardboard boxes.
Old 01-27-2012, 06:01 AM

I was also wondering what is ment by ruler method????
Originally Posted by donnai View Post
what is the ruler method for folding. thanks in advance
Old 01-27-2012, 07:59 AM

Gramiebj, gonna try your idea
Old 01-27-2012, 01:13 PM

Default storage boards

Originally Posted by linda701 View Post
Where do people find the whatever you call to wrap your fabric in like the stores do so it will stand on your shelf and what sizes do they come in? Any reply would be greatly appreciated.
I use the plastic folding boards from Polar Notions.com They are a bit expensive but they last forever. They are plastic sheets. they come in 2 different sizes and you can order them 50 at a time. you fold your fabric length wise in forths and then you fold over the width of the board and then roll it up around the board . she also has metal clips that hold the fabric in place. I also measure the amount on a post a note and put under the clip so I know how many yards I have. Then you can stand each roll up on end like books. I have used these for years and like them much better than the fiber core boards. The fiber core boards can bend where these can't. and when you figure they last forever the price isn't that bad. they run about a dollar a board less if you buy more at a time and the clips run about 30 cents each.
I have nothing to do with this company but I like their product and the service is great. I ordered 200 boards and clips plus a box of the small fat quarter size last wednesday and fedex tracking said they will be here Saturday. I would say 4 days service is fantastic.
P.S. I used to use the bolts from the stores but had fade lines on the fabric edges from the bolts so that will happen after a time period. I had about 40 yards with bleached stripes every 6 inches. and the fabric wasn't in the sun.
At that point I paniced and bought the polar boards. now no problems.
I hope this helps with your questions. kjym Kathy
Old 01-27-2012, 05:32 PM

Gracious, Hobby Lobby throws theirs away everday. Ask them tosave them for you, or any fabric store near
you. I am sure they would be glad for them to be recycled.
Old 01-27-2012, 11:20 PM

Default fabric storage

Originally Posted by Sunnie View Post
I have used the Easy Core boards that you can buy here.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/items-s...g-t176075.html
I just bought some of these and they are very good. M.I. Late has them on the board here. She really worked with me and helped me choose exactly what I needed.
Old 01-28-2012, 04:34 AM

Amazon- comic boards. works great and doesn't break the bank 100 for $10 is what I got mine for.
Old 01-28-2012, 05:42 AM

I just made a huge investment in Polar Notions fabric folding boards. They come in two sizes. I put my 1/4 to full yards on the smaller and more than 1 yard on the larger. My husband (dear man) convinced me to get the best organizers I could find that were reusable -- a one-time investment. It's now such fun to look at my stash and be able to see every piece I have. I store the large bolts on the back of an 18" self with mini-bolts in front of them. I will post pictures when the project is done.
Old 01-28-2012, 06:53 AM

I buy mine from a comic book store and he will ship. They are 100 for $13.95 plus shipping. His email is [email protected]. His name is Vince Calvin and he runs "The Bat Cave" comic book store. I live in Conway, AR. These boards work beautifully! I buy the 8 1/2 x 11" but he has smaller if you would like them. Let me know if you need any other information. Just PM me! I have his phone number also, if you need it.