Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Fabric Trends  - no Mark Lipinski? >

Fabric Trends - no Mark Lipinski?

Fabric Trends - no Mark Lipinski?

Old 09-24-2011, 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by simplyme
Kayahr-I'm so sorry this happened to you but please don't allude that this happened because the woman was from Texas. There are rude people everywhere.
I only mentioned Texas and Nevada because her actions were "justified" by so many guild members saying it's Wild West Justice. Indeed, there are bullies everywhere in all sizes and professions.
Old 09-24-2011, 08:26 AM

I just got my first Fabric Trends yesterday and thought I had ordered the wrong magazine. His humor and the variety of articles in Quilter's Home influenced my decision to subscribe to his new venture. The Fabric Trends I received is the same old, same old -- very pretty but just quilt patterns in new fabrics. I went thru it in about 20 minutes. I'm going to see if I can get a refund, I really don't want it. Most important, sorry to read Mark has these health issues and wish him the best. I met him a few months ago at a guild show and we got into a fun conversation. People were whispering if this man was or wasn't ML (he was just shopping around by himself) so I asked him, it was, and I spent some delightful time talking with him. I've also seen him as a guest speaker and once he's well and making appearances again, if you have the chance to see him, GO!!!
Old 09-24-2011, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
I gave up those mags and just read his blog now! His health is really bad so with the blog and FB I get NOW info, not 3 month old magazine news!
Great idea!! Thanks!
Old 09-24-2011, 08:47 AM

Where is his blog please?
Old 09-24-2011, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltingJaguar
Where is his blog please?
http://marklipinskisblog.wordpress.com/

I'm loving his "creative thoughts" posts!
Old 09-24-2011, 11:52 AM

Peggi your a doll I signed on right away and love it did not know the had a blog, sang right along with 9-5 song too. THANK YOU SO MUCH hope others visit and join too.
Old 09-25-2011, 02:25 AM

That is so NOT the way we act in Texas! I am terribly embarrased that someone from my state would behave in this fashion. That woman evidently has lots of issues and you must have been the unfortunate one she encountered to vent. Good for you in filing a complaint with the police. Physical violence is never OK! I am so, so sorry that happened to you.
Old 09-25-2011, 09:01 AM

I haven't read but the first page so forgive me if I'm repeating something someone else said. But I can assure you that is not Texas justice and the guy that said that is an idiot. I would have pressed charges against her as far as I could go.
Old 09-25-2011, 01:19 PM

[quote=kayahr]
Originally Posted by Annie68
Originally Posted by kayahr
Again!!?? I liked the old magazine. I remember he wrote an article about quiltzillas right about the time I had been punched (closed fist) in the chest by a fellow quilt guild member. Not that it made me feel any better knowing that kind of stuff happened elsewhere, but I know to be on my guard. If he hadn't written about something so outrageous, I wouldn't have known!
Do tell us about that incident! So sorry that happened to you, sounds like it may have been rather traumatic.
:-(
((((((It was somebody I knew. I think she was over six feet tall. Husky. Always well-dressed and well-coiffed and well made up. President of the evening group of the guild I belonged to and in charge of the quilt show in another guild we both belonged to. Very generous with her little gifts to everyone who attended an evening meeting. I was in a quilt shop one afternoon when she stormed in. I said hi and she said something about how she wouldn't talk to me because of what I had done. I should have let it go right there. I didn't know what she was alluding to, so I went to the back of the store to ask her if she wanted to talk. I never did figure out what she was accusing me of. She got pretty agitated. Head rolling, looking at the ceiling, shouting. Next thing I knew she had punched me int he chest. The shop owner was standing right behind her. Took me a few minutes, but I decided to drive down to the police station and fill out a report. They asked whether I wanted to appear before a magistrate or just have a police officer talk with her. If I had known then that this had happened before, I would have opted for the magistrate. The shop owner insisted that the whole thing never happened. When I dropped my jaw, the shop owner said, "Well, you were in her way." The puncher was from Texas. This occurred in Nevada. I was told it was just a form of Wild West Justice. They kicked me out of one guild after I showed someone a copy of the police report -- two accosted me in the parking lot and wanted to give back my dues money. That was when I found out that similar things had happened before in that group. Traumatic -- I was more amazed at the time it happened, but my doctor said that if she had hit me closer to my heart that I could have been severely injured or died from the pounding. Wild West Justice when someone is in your way. Where I come from we say, "Excuse me please. I'd like to get by." Shouting "get out of my way" would have even been more acceptable at the time![/quote))))))

There are "bad apples" in any state, city, social group, school, etc.
There has to be thousands of quilt guilds in this country that doesn't have a"bad apple" like that. I just went to my first meeting at a guild. Everyone went out of their way to make me feel wanted and welcomed.
Old 09-25-2011, 06:08 PM

Wow, I am from Texas and even though we have quite a few really ignorant people here, they usually aren't violent. That is not the Texas way. We would probably talk about you and all your antecedents and all your future family behind your back, but we would not punch you in the chest. That is so unTexan. :O