Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Fairfield Toasty Cotton Batting >

Fairfield Toasty Cotton Batting

Fairfield Toasty Cotton Batting

Old 08-03-2018, 05:19 AM

Thanks Irishrose2, I have seen that one but haven't tried it yet. I'll give it a test.
Old 08-03-2018, 05:20 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
It says on the email flier that you can order it online and pick it up at your store... so it's never sold out.
Not true. I went there yesterday to buy it and the store never received any. I was told to order it online and when I tried, it kept asking me where I lived and told me about stores in Outer Mongolia St Louis that had 8 rolls. There was a coupon for $15 off if you bought $75 so I was very disappointed that I couldn’t buy it until I went to Walmart online and found better batting for great prices.
Old 08-03-2018, 05:34 AM

Our church uses it in all of our charity quilts and we love it.
Old 08-03-2018, 06:19 AM

I recently purchased the Hobbs 80 / 20 batting from Joann's, I got it on the bolt I just don't buy package batting for some reason. I believe I bought maybe 13 yards and because of the sale I paid $4.99 a yard! I love using this batting just as much as the Warm and Natural. I wonder how many yards are in the Fairfield that your referring to? Good luck with your purchase if you get it.
Old 08-03-2018, 07:16 AM

The sale is a special '75 yrs in business' sale and only lasts for 2 days. This is the reason you can not buy it online. Many of the stores will already be sold out because quilters watch for this (we do it a couple times a year) and they are waiting at the door when it opened thursday. My store have 18 rolls and by end of day last night, we had 8 left. My advise would be to call your store and ask to have one held for a couple hours (max they can do on a big sale) and run down. The roll is retailed for $229.
Old 08-03-2018, 03:28 PM

I buy batting from jet.com and it sometimes gets shipped from Walmart. I guess they buy from wherever the best prices are found.
Old 08-03-2018, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by debstoehr View Post
Has anyone used the Fairfield toasty cotton batting at JoAnn's? I just saw their email and the roll is on sale for $75. Having just gotten my new longarm going and having several quilt tops to finish this would really be a good deal for me if it is a good quality. On a side note, I know several of you like the Hobbs 80/20 but I tried it and didn't like it at all. It wasn't cut straight (I bought 3 queen size), it had thin spots, other places that looked like a cat had been clawing at it, and it just didn't lay right. Probably won't buy it again.
Completely agree with you on the Hobbs 80/20, tried it once and found the same flaws/weaknesses. Jo B.
Old 08-03-2018, 05:37 PM
Power Poster

I've sent several large quilts to MSQC and I believe they use Fairfield- but it's 80/20. I love the way they come out.
Old 08-03-2018, 06:10 PM

I purchased the Fairfield Toasty Cotton batting a few weeks ago but have not used any of it yet. Jo-Ann's was selling a bag of 2 rolls (72" x 90" each). They had a sale on it when I bought so I got the bag with the 2 rolls for $29.99 and then I had a coupon for 25% off so I only paid $22.49 for mine. Then add on tax & shipping & my total bill was $32.55. I'm really hoping I like this batting. It feels very soft & it is needlepunched with a synthetic scrim. On the bag it says that it is microwaveable, low loft, good for machine & hand quilting & quilting distance is up to 8". I quilt on my domestic sewing machine.
Old 08-04-2018, 02:22 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
It says on the email flier that you can order it online and pick it up at your store... so it's never sold out.
yes I saw that email too but I was unable to order it online, when I placed it in my cart, a pop up message appeared and said the item was unavailable to ship. No reason given, just unavailable to ship. So while it may never be "sold out", they can and did stop me from ordering that item on line either to ship to my home or to the local store. I placed the order for the other batting with no problems and it is being shipped to my home.