Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Favorite New Little Helper

Blog Entries
    I use the silver hair clips. But I only use about ten and keep adding at the end. Works fine

Quote Originally Posted by Quiltngolfer View Post
    How many do you need? I bought one package of 10, but I haven't used them yet.
    I bought a box of 50 (with a half price coupon) and still need more for binding a lap-size quilt.

utube address for Wonder Clips:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=CK51T8B79DA

I bought a small pack and loved them so much I went back and bought the big pack. I find all sorts of uses for them. I want to try the the jumbo clips as well, just haven't seen them anywhere yet. May have to get an online order going.

I use spring clips or bull clips I found at the Dollar store. These clips are so darn cute, only half an inch long, the "handles" at the top fold down like a full size clip. I paid a dollar for 20. They work great.
    Quilt outside of the box!

I love these little gems. When I showed them to my DH, he loved them right away because now he knows he won't be finding pins that fall out as I am stitching the binding. I like the fact that I don't poke my fingers with the pins anymore. I have 2 boxes of 50. Sometimes I pin all the way around a quilt, sometimes only part way around. Small items like wall hangings and table runners, I use the clips all the way around. I agree with what others said - favorite quilting tool.
    Sophie2

My daughter bought me the 50 pkg when they first came out I love them In fact I'm fixing to use them today on the binding on my quilt Get some they are well worth the money

Blog Entries
    I use my wonder clips all the time, they are so much better than pins

Blog Entries
    I love them too. I only have the package of 10. I just move them along as I sew the binding. More than enough. Got some for my daughter and don't think she was too impressed until she tried them. Much better than trying to pin.

They have also just come out with a Jumbo Wonder Clip (or something like that).
    If you wouldn't write it and sign it, don't say it.

I'm like you and so many of us who purchase many things we want and think we need. Well I finally took them out of the package and they are wonderful. I went big and purchased the big package of 50 and think I need another package. They are great.

Blog Entries
    I'm with you - the 10 of them work for me!

Quote Originally Posted by quiltmom04 View Post
    I use the wonder clips, too and I love them. But I can manage with the original 10 because I don't clip the whole binding at once. I clip a section, sew it , and sort of "leap frog" the clips as I go. It's always been fine for me. Of course, I'm not going to discourage anyone from buying more supplies!! ( have you seen the BIG green clips? - cool!)
    C9P aka Jan

so nice Barb
    be happy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Todie's Mom View Post
    I think the wonder clips are much better than hair clips. They hold tighter and don't slip off. I use then for binding but also love them for the tops of tote bags. When you are trying to line up the lining with the exterior of the tote, it is nice not to get your fingers all stuck and bleeding...LOL.
    Thanks for the advice about the tops of totes. I was wondering if they would work for that. As you said not getting your fingers all stuck and bleeding would be nice.
    ~Charlotte~
    This is the day that the Lord hath made, we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Blog Entries
    I love my Wonder Clips. I bought a box of 50. I use about 10 at a time when binding and do the leap frog thing. I put 15-20 of them in my little sewing box (make-up bag) that I take everywhere with me so can share them with quilting friends who have never tried them.

Blog Entries
    I think the Wonder clips are easier to use than the other items mentioned. Sometimes the cost is worth it for me.
    Quilting in the Desert

I could not find the applicator either - so - I put a pool of glue on wax paper and use the small end of a wooden chop stick to make my glue dots - works like a charm for me - I put the stick in a glass when not using it and then give it a wash when finished.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dakotamaid View Post
    I use the silver hair clips. Lots cheaper! And I have enough to go around a king size quilt.

http://www.craftembellishmentworld.c...ap-Clip/Detail
    I use these too. They are much more cost effective and work great. I would rather spend my money on fabric than more expensive notions, especially when I can get the same benefit at a much better price. And, they don't have angles to catch your thread on, lol, just an added plus!

Blog Entries
    I totally agree - no more glue & iron or getting stuck with pins.

Quote Originally Posted by alleyoop1 View Post
    I used to use silver hair clips but the wonder clips are easier for my arthritic hands to clip on and off. Love them!
    This was the question I have. Between the arthritis and severe carpal tunnel I don't have enough strength to use a lot of the clips
    Joyce T, RN retired
    Laughter is the best medicine

Quote Originally Posted by kydeb View Post
    Some time back I purchased the wonder clips to try out. Like a lot of things, I put them away and haven't had them out in a while. I finished Easy Street along with Bonnie's clue releases and got it quilted but had put off sewing the binding on - I hate that part! Anyway, I dug out my wonder clips and used them to hold the binding down as I was hand sewing it. What wonderful clips wonder clips are!! I think they are my favorite quilting tool right now....well, except for rulers and rotary cutters which you can't live without! If you haven't tried them, give them a shot! So much easier than pinning and I didn't have to worry about me or my puppy (who thinks she needs to help) being stabbed! Happy Quilting!!
    I love wonderclips too. use them all rhe time
    Love 4 stchen

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3