Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Favorite quilt

Favorite quilt

What is the quilt you would pick as your favorite? When my 1st(and only) DGD was born I mad.e her a Whinney the Pooh quilt the I made buy tracing pictures from DGS's coloring book. I then used fabric paints to color them and sewed the blocks so they told a story. I had the squares hanging all over 'til the paint dried so my kitchen looked like a day care center lol. She is in High School now and still has her quilt.
    Kathy Osterby

Blog Entries
    sounds delightful. my fav is not done yet i'm working on a dear jane.
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

I guess I haven't found my favorite yet! So hard they are all so wonderful!

My favorite quilt is one my girls made for me. They chose the Gramdmothers flower garden pattern. None fo my 3 girls had ever made a quilt before. 1 cut the pieces, 1 sewed and one pressed. They used scraps of fabrics from the clothes I had made for them thru the years to make it. There are tucks and puckers and crooked seams in it but to me it is the most precious quilt I own because it came from theirs hearts. They gave it to me for Christmas. I still cry with I think of their faces when I opened the gift. It is the warmest quilt too, because of the love stitched in it.

Name:  DSC01749.JPG
Views: 493
Size:  863.1 KBOne of my favorites is my twin size Dear Jane, I LOVED making it. It took me three months to complete those blocks I was on a roll that Summer!!
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place. We are nearing closer to the End Times.

Every one I make is my favorite!

nygal, I just love that border!

Power Poster
    i love cw quilts i have blocks made from online class just need to get it togather
    QUILTNMO

I think someone asked this just the other day. Well, my fav is log cabin, so many design possibilities.
    Jeanann

Theres nothing wrong with me a little chocolate won't fix.

"love the one you're with" this it's basically my philosophy. I typically love the one I'm working on at the moment the most. Though I have a hard time choosing between the ones I've made for my kids when I'm not quilting.

My favorite quilts are the ones my grandmother made. The "quilt police" would have a field day with her. Nothing matches, little design if any at all, etc. But I just have yet to recreate the feeling of her quilts. In fact, I am just about to post pictures to ask this board for advice on how to repair one of hers. I can't bear to throw any of hers out.
    ~hannajo~
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

Hard to pick a favorite. Can we see pictures of the Winney quilt?

Sorry-no pictures of it. She's now in high school back in ILL and when I made it I never thought to take photo. Now I photo everything lol
    Kathy Osterby

Choose just one-? Oh my! I may say the log cabin, since it is so versatile~
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

this one remains to be my favorite...it is my own design

Name:  black and white.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  119.2 KB
    "perfection is the enemy of done."
    "the secret to having it all is knowing you already do."

Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho
    Blog Entries
    My sister found out August 4th, 2003 she had inoperable cancer and died November 16, 2003. The day she found out she had cancer she never set foot in her sewing room again. After she died I went in there and went through it. I found out that she liked to make blocks a lot. She had blocks for about 20 quilts. She had only one top done and that one was the one she was making for me. No, that's not my favorite. I kept one set of blocks and shipped the rest to her daughter. I finished her blocks with sashing (she had plaid sashing around one edge of each star applique block) around each side and sewed them together. I had it LA and I asked my younger brother if he wanted the only quilt made by his two sisters and he said "nah, I already have the one you gave me and we're not a quilt house, really", so I told my daughter what he said and she begged me for the quilt. She already has about 10 of my quilts. So, I sent her that quilt and she loves that quilt the most and so do I because my sister and I made it together. It's a one-of-a-kind! She taught me to piece. She paid for my first time at quilt retreat and introduced me to all her quilting friends and all the shops and paid for my first lessons. We use to quilt together. I sure miss her.
    "Be yourself...everyone else is taken."
    Strong people don't put others down...they build them up."
    "Remember that your instincts are more important than rules"

I think these two are my favorites

Name:  giraffe quilt.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  69.0 KBName:  number quilt.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  125.2 KB

The number quilt is just the top. I gave the number quilt to my daughter to use with her preschool class. Here is a picture of the kids playing on it. Also the blanket around the doll is also one I made.

Name:  IMG952423-2.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  121.8 KB