Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Favorite sewing machine for quilters >

Favorite sewing machine for quilters

Favorite sewing machine for quilters

Old 07-16-2011, 04:57 PM

I have two Janome's. The Horizon and the 3160 QDC as a travel/class machine. I'm crazy about both of them. They sew fabulous and after a ton of research I felt I got the most for my money.
Old 07-16-2011, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by kwiltnutt
After reading this thread, I must say I am curious as to why anyone would have multiple machines. You all must be much richer than me; I'll say that much. Please take this in the spirit with which it is intended.
Well my Horizon was just too heavy to carry to classes. Plus here there can be - hasn't so far, but can be a long wait to have it serviced. I get twitchy thinking I may be without a machine for a long time. I've become a quilting addict.
Old 07-16-2011, 05:04 PM

I bought the little one for classes and my machine is sewing-embroidery machine.
Old 07-16-2011, 05:22 PM

A little over 21 years ago, I bought a Pfaff to make my daughter's wedding gown. My old signer had seen better days and the fabric for the gown was worth far more than the machine I then had. I still have the Pfaff today and love the even feed foot and built in needle threader but it lacked some of the features I wanted when I got into quilting. About 6 years ago I bought a Viking Platinum 755Q. It had the needle down feature and the built in needle threader but I had to buy a walking foot separately and it was big and bulky compared to the even feed foot on the Pfaff. It had features that made it much better for free motion quilting. I am currently getting ready to sell this machine as I have upgraded to a Janome Horizon QCP with an 11 arm which is great for free motion quilting. It also has the needle down, built in needle threader, many special stitches, a large extension table, a knee lifter bar and a start/stop buttton which allows you to sew without the foot pedal. There are probably other features I have not even explored yet.
Old 07-16-2011, 05:52 PM

Ihave 3vikings and Ipersonally love mine.
Old 07-16-2011, 06:03 PM

Love my Bernina!
Old 07-16-2011, 06:09 PM

I love my Janome Horizon
Old 07-16-2011, 06:28 PM

I'm starting to save to purchase a new sewing machine. Anyone who has purchased the Horizon or 11000MC willing to share how much you purchased it for? I'm almost scared to ask.
Old 07-16-2011, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by aeble
I'm starting to save to purchase a new sewing machine. Anyone who has purchased the Horizon or 11000MC willing to share how much you purchased it for? I'm almost scared to ask.
Just sent you a PM Aeble.
Old 07-16-2011, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by kwiltnutt
After reading this thread, I must say I am curious as to why anyone would have multiple machines. You all must be much richer than me; I'll say that much. Please take this in the spirit with which it is intended.
Sewing machines are our power tools! Most of my machines are antiques or bought new many years ago.
I've only paid full price for 1 of my machines.
Sharon W.