Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Favorite teacher? >

Favorite teacher?

Favorite teacher?

Old 07-04-2014, 06:56 PM

Default Favorite teacher?

I look forward to quilt classes at expos and festivals. Who is your favorite teacher at these events?

So far Sue Nichols and Sarah Ann Smith have been my favorites.

Thanks!
Old 07-04-2014, 07:12 PM

Two of my favorites are Kim Diehl and Gyleen Fitzgerald. They are both extremely energetic, fun and very hands on. It's interesting because they have two completely different styles of quilting. I enjoyed both of their full day workshops.
Old 07-04-2014, 07:18 PM

I have had classes with many famous and many local teachers. There have only been 2 teachers that I didn't like. And it had to do with their personalities not their subject matter. It's hard to pick a favorite, but Ellie Seinkowiz(?) jumps out at me. I also really enjoyed Liz Porter (from Fons and Porter).
Old 07-04-2014, 09:43 PM

Just took 2 classes at Raleigh Quilt Show with Jean Ann Wright and Ebony Love. Different teaching styles, but both were great! It was my sister's first time taking classes; she really liked them both and learned some really helpful things from each of them. I've had some great local teachers too.
Old 07-04-2014, 09:55 PM

Haven't seen many of the new ones, but love Kim Diehl. I like both Fonz and Porter, Eleanor Burns and Doreen Speckman (sp), and Shar Jorgensen.
Old 07-05-2014, 07:11 AM
Power Poster

Most of the ladies I learned from are either retired or have passed. I heard that Harriet Hargrave is still running her store in Colorado and EB still is traveling and teaching with her store in the San Diego area and the other in Paducah,Ky. She is always fun to take a class from.
Old 07-05-2014, 07:42 AM

Had a couple classes and dinner several times with Eleanor Burns. Just love her. She is so down to earth. Took a class several years ago with Kay England. Learned a lot from her. Took a couple classes with Mattie Rhodes (Quiltsmart). She has her husband assisting, and he is so much fun, as is she. Took a class many years ago from Mary Mulari. Have attended seminars with Jinny Beyer, Mary Ann Fons, Mary Fons, Karen Montgomery. Found Mary Ann Fons to be quite dry, boring. Jinny Beyer was very interesting. Mary Fons more animated than her mom.