My long full skirt
wrapped around the
roller and I had to have
help to get it out. If I
had been alone I probably
would have had to cut it
out. J J
Old 01-12-2010, 01:03 PM

I use a lot of YLI Invisible thread to machine quilt. When I finish each quilt, I use one of those masking tape lint rollers & roll it across the rug. That Invisible thread is really bad for vacumns. When I 1st started to quilt, I taught quilting in a sew & vac shop & when servicing my machine, he showed me the melted thread whre the brush roller attached to the vacumn.
Old 01-12-2010, 01:09 PM
Power Poster

Be careful hanging sweaters over roller chairs. The arms can get tangled and down you go. Ask me how I know.
Old 01-12-2010, 02:53 PM

I was sitting at my desk with both of my feet on the edge of the trash can, talking to Executive Director who was standing in my doorway, my chair went back about 2", my feet and legs went into the trash can and my butt went to the floor. We laughed so hard.
For months when we would pass in the hall we would laugh.
Old 01-12-2010, 03:10 PM

I haven't fallen off my chair (yet) but did fall in my driveway today. I was carrying my sewing machine, a bag of fabric, purse,large cutting mat and ruler, and down I went, fast! Snow all over everything! :lol: :lol:
Old 01-13-2010, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by paintedquilt
How many of us quilters have broken bums :?: :?:
Mines not broke but it has a crack in it.

Sorry, I just had to say that.
Old 01-13-2010, 02:23 PM

LOL JCL in FL! Ya'll need to lay off the wine while quilting! Stay in those chairs!
Old 01-13-2010, 05:16 PM

I must be doing something right, I havn't fallen out of my chair yet. I do vacumm the threads out several times a year. My iron and HQ plug into the ceiling so I don't have those cords to worry with. All the machines plug into the wall behind the machines. Now if the cats would not get under my feet I wouldn't have a worry in the world.
Old 01-13-2010, 10:06 PM

jbud2 , I just feel so awful to hear about your fall, but what seems like it wouldn't be much of a fall to hurt more than your pride, are the ones that actually cause the most damage. Yours just was awful :cry: Seems that it's harder to recoup from those too. LOL Bethy
Old 01-13-2010, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by Bethy
I have broken more than I want to report, but none thank goodness from quilting. I broke my left ankle, both bones and in 3 places, on Mothers Day '06 and crushed both heels and a rt big toe in a car accident the next yr one month and a day from the 06. Unfortunately this last accident disabled me, because I can't walk very well even with my trusty cane and even my walker sometimes. I bought a scooter when I want to go out and be with everyone at the car shows and family events. But I can still quilt. In fact that is the thing that keeps me from going out of my mind some days. LOL Bethy
Oh, Bethy--I can relate totally! I was in a car accident 10 years ago. I shattered both my forearms, and lost half of my right heel. I've had 13 surgeries to deal with the fractures, the most recent was 3 months ago, when I had 2 more fusions in my mid-foot. I had radial nerve palsy for a couple of months (my hands were paralyzed...) and I was really afraid I wouldn't be able to quilt anymore. I went through extensive physical therapy and I've been able to quilt now for at least the last nine years. Of course, every time I have another surgery, I can't quilt until I'm healed up again. I think, no, I hope that I am done with surgeries for awhile now.
To get back to the original post, I have fallen off my wheeled chair, but I am so careful with myself, I didn't get hurt. My arms are still very tender and achey from the fractures (even after all this time), and I protect them and my foot with everything I have. Snow and ice are not my friends --and I am very thankful that the weather this year has been very mild in our area!