Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Fell off my roller chair!!!! >

Fell off my roller chair!!!!

Fell off my roller chair!!!!

Old 01-14-2010, 12:36 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by lisalovesquilting
I haven't fallen off my chair (yet) but did fall in my driveway today. I was carrying my sewing machine, a bag of fabric, purse,large cutting mat and ruler, and down I went, fast! Snow all over everything! :lol: :lol:
Oh my! I hope your machine wasn't damaged! :shock:

Or you, of course! :mrgreen:

I haven't quite managed to fall out of my chair, yet! But I like littlehud's comment about the padding on the butt - that is now also officially my excuse for eating chocolate - health and safety dontcha know! ;) :lol:
Old 01-14-2010, 05:16 AM

Lets raise our box of chocolates.. To Health and Safety!
Old 01-14-2010, 05:30 AM

I have fallen off my chair so many times that now I can tell when it is about to happen, and try to stand before I lose the chair.

Falling seems to be my penchant. The worst were not associated with quilting at all. I was cleaning an icy driveway, slipped, and broke my upper arm - 8 weeks before I could drive - horror! Another time I was headed downstairs and our little dog dashed under my feet - a broken shoulder blade. The dr. said he usually saw that fracture only in car accidents... Leave it to me :roll:

Thanks for the warning about checking for threads on the rollers - and glad you are okay.
Old 01-14-2010, 08:13 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by crkathleen
Lets raise our box of chocolates.. To Health and Safety!
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :lol:
Old 01-14-2010, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by nellebelles
Originally Posted by Bethy
I have broken more than I want to report, but none thank goodness from quilting. I broke my left ankle, both bones and in 3 places, on Mothers Day '06 and crushed both heels and a rt big toe in a car accident the next yr one month and a day from the 06. Unfortunately this last accident disabled me, because I can't walk very well even with my trusty cane and even my walker sometimes. I bought a scooter when I want to go out and be with everyone at the car shows and family events. But I can still quilt. In fact that is the thing that keeps me from going out of my mind some days. LOL Bethy
Oh, Bethy--I can relate totally! I was in a car accident 10 years ago. I shattered both my forearms, and lost half of my right heel. I've had 13 surgeries to deal with the fractures, the most recent was 3 months ago, when I had 2 more fusions in my mid-foot. I had radial nerve palsy for a couple of months (my hands were paralyzed...) and I was really afraid I wouldn't be able to quilt anymore. I went through extensive physical therapy and I've been able to quilt now for at least the last nine years. Of course, every time I have another surgery, I can't quilt until I'm healed up again. I think, no, I hope that I am done with surgeries for awhile now.
To get back to the original post, I have fallen off my wheeled chair, but I am so careful with myself, I didn't get hurt. My arms are still very tender and achey from the fractures (even after all this time), and I protect them and my foot with everything I have. Snow and ice are not my friends --and I am very thankful that the weather this year has been very mild in our area!
Wow! :( I can't even imagine what you must be going through. ((((hugs)))) I hope this latest surgery really helps!
Old 01-14-2010, 10:50 AM

Thanks Tiffany! This latest surgery has done wonders for my foot. I did really well with it. I started walking a month earlier than the doctor expected and he has even released me until it is time to take the plate and screws out next fall. :lol:
Old 01-14-2010, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by nellebelles
Thanks Tiffany! This latest surgery has done wonders for my foot. I did really well with it. I started walking a month earlier than the doctor expected and he has even released me until it is time to take the plate and screws out next fall. :lol:
I sure hope and pray you continue to do well! It sounds like you've really been through the wringer.
Old 01-15-2010, 11:22 AM

What a great idea! Could we please see a photo?
Old 01-15-2010, 11:30 AM

ROFLMBO!!! I cannot stop laughing! I think I am done and all of a sudden you come to mind again! Help!! ;0 )
Old 01-15-2010, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by skjquiltnut
ROFLMBO!!! I cannot stop laughing! I think I am done and all of a sudden you come to mind again! Help!! ;0 )
Sorry, forgot to say responding to heidikins msg, hope I did not offend anyone.....