Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Finally tried Gutermann thread

I starting using Gutermann because that was what my local store stocked and have found no reason to change. I don't buy a colour selection though, I only use neutrals for most of my sewing so stock up on these when on sale.

I bought a spool of Guterman hand quilting thread. I found it to be thin. It tangles constantly and breaks easily. Maybe the hand quilting thread is not as good as the thread they make for machines?
    The best I have found is Americana quilting thread.

I stocked up today at JoAnn's! The lady at the checkout said, "Oh you did good on the thread" as she was ringing it up. She also tried all the coupons to make sure I got all the savings I could. She said "The 20% off the entire purchase is good next week." to which I replied, "I know, and I plan to come back since your pillow forms will be half off." She smiled and the lady behind me in line said, "you have it planned out don't you?" I said "yes!" lol
    Sabrina
    Mommy to a 6 year old little girl, 3 dogs, 5 cats, and 2 fish. lol Life keeps me busy but when I have a moment, I love to sew
    http://ataleofamilitaryfamily.blogspot.com/
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/HugsLove

I have used Gutterman thread ever since my hubby bought me the Viking sewing machine over 35 years ago.

JoAnn has Gutterman on sale all the time sometimes 40 or sometimes 50 percent off. I stock up when it is on sale

I always but Gutterman with my coupons. I've looked at their assorted spools that you buy in a pack but they're all polyester & cotton. Wish they'd put out an all cotton one. Would be great Christmas gift.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3