Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Finish it up club? >

Finish it up club?

Finish it up club?

Old 01-04-2014, 06:04 AM

I like the idea of a project book and list. It seems that these 2 things really motivate me to get things done around the house - don't know why I never did it for quilting projects. It is not a matter of having to "get them done" on a time schedule but rather motivates me and keeps me focused. And I love the sense of accomplishment when I can cross something off the To Do List.
Old 01-04-2014, 07:01 AM
Swap Hosts

There's already a UFO thread in the challenge section.
Old 01-04-2014, 07:02 AM

Location: Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!

I keep a journal of my projects and it has been so nice to look back and see what I have accomplished. Most of my kids live hours away and 1 is in another state so they only see the quilts, placemats etc that THEY receive. things I do for charity, a niece, neighbor etc are in the journal so I can remember and it helps me when I need a project for someone too by checking what worked and came together nice or what colors a person likes. And it always helps seeing in print things I've started and hmmm a UFO that needs done. so, yes I'm going to devote May to UFO's. that month is most available for me. I hope to see a lot of you showing your finished projects before that tho!
Old 01-04-2014, 08:24 AM

I have a list.....and as I finish one project, I cross it off the list.....makes me feel so good...... My goal this year is to make up all the kits I have.....most will probably go to charity but for me, it is a feel good moment when I finish and pass it on.....I have vowed I will NOT start on anything that is not a precut or kitted project this year unless I have finished all on my list.....that's going to keep me plenty busy....
Old 01-04-2014, 12:48 PM
Power Poster

Will pray for you and your upcoming chemo treatments. God bless.
Old 01-04-2014, 03:53 PM

Will keep you close in my heart as you go thru your treatments. Sending loving healing thoughts your way.

Please stop into our UFO Challenge and Sister threads and share some of your creative thoughts about journaling and such related to keeping up with your projects!!!
Old 01-04-2014, 05:33 PM

Goodness mckwilter I do believe you must be my long lost twin in your statement in the 2nd paragraph. Just last week I "unsubscribed" to a lot of quilty emails that alone brought my emails down from an average of 130 a day down to 50's. I've found just doing that alone has given me a couple extra hours a day!
Old 01-05-2014, 06:07 AM

I checked out A Simple Life's blog yesterday. Lots of inspiration there! Love the idea of newFOs too. That's what I am shooting for, finishing both kinds of projects...new ones and old ones.
Old 01-05-2014, 07:16 AM

I have sooo many projects that I would like to get done. I don't have a problem finishing, for me it is choosing which one comes next.
I have 15 grandkids, who all want quilts (each of my kids already have at least one that I have made), so I have 12 more of those to do. Then I have my annual reunion quilt to do, my brother-in-law will be retiring soon so his will be moved up on the list, and then I usually have "special requests" that seem to pop up everywhere. I quilt because I enjoy it; I hand piece pretty much everything, because that is soothing to me. Although I only work 3-4 days a week, my job often requires me to travel/work for 16-18 hours a day, so finding time to do my quilting isn't always easy. When I do my quilting, I do not want to feel the pressure of "gotta hurry, gotta get it done, got another one to do". They get done when they get done, and I can take my time to enjoy each stitch.
Although I can certainly understand your desire to Finish It Up, I do not want to force myself to rush to get it done, so I won't be joining. But, I will support you in your efforts, though
Old 01-05-2014, 08:47 AM

I REEAAAALLLLLLYY wanted to start a new quilt with the new year, however I made me get to work on a lone star quilt that I started 3 years ago in a paper piecing class. I have not done any paper piecing since then, needed a refresher course. Did a few seam rippings . Now getting into it. I will post a pic soon.