Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Finishing Quilts >

Finishing Quilts

Finishing Quilts

Old 02-08-2011, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by LivelyLady
True...true. I like the feeling of being able to say that I made the quilt. Does anyone know how that works if a person enters a quilt in a show to be judged? Do they have a seperate category for ones that are completed by two people?
Here in Australia I've noticed at quilt shows large or small that if the quilt has been professionally quilted that recognition is given to the person who did it. Only fair. How would you feel if someone bought a quilt top from you, long arm quilted it then claimed it as their own. Credit should always be given where it is due.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by Farm Quilter
True...true. I like the feeling of being able to say that I made the quilt. Does anyone know how that works if a person enters a quilt in a show to be judged? Do they have a seperate category for ones that are completed by two people?
In the bigger shows they do have a separate category for quilts pieced by one person and quilted by another. If they don't have a separate category for those quilts, the quilter should always be credited with the quilting. As a professional LA quilter, if I found that a customer of mine was claiming credit for quilting I had done, they would no longer be my customer OR :evil: I guess I could prominently quilt into the quilt my name and the date that I quilted it!!!
Oh I agree with you totally..and the quilter's name should be on the quilt label as well.....but what I was really wondering was which gets judged....the one who did the quilt or the one who did the quilting and if it wins do they give two ribbons? Seems to me that if the quilting wins the ribbon then the quilter should have it....if it's the quilt construction that wins...then that quilter should have it. I appreciate getting educated on this :D
Old 02-09-2011, 10:52 AM

Oh I agree with you totally..and the quilter's name should be on the quilt label as well.....but what I was really wondering was which gets judged....the one who did the quilt or the one who did the quilting and if it wins do they give two ribbons? Seems to me that if the quilting wins the ribbon then the quilter should have it....if it's the quilt construction that wins...then that quilter should have it. I appreciate getting educated on this :D
If the quilt wins for the quilting, then the ribbon and gifts that go with the win should go to the quilter. If the quilt wins any other ribbons, then that goes to the piecer/owner of the quilt.