Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Flippy corners - mark or crease? >

Flippy corners - mark or crease?

Flippy corners - mark or crease?

Old 03-01-2023, 06:56 AM
Power Poster

I use the Diagonal Seam tape on my machine, it saves me time not creasing or marking.
Old 03-01-2023, 10:14 AM

A crease was never dark enough for me; I would mark. Now I use the mini Simple Folded Corners ruler (you cut off the corner before sewing).
Old 03-01-2023, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
I use the Diagonal Seam tape on my machine, it saves me time not creasing or marking.
This is what I do, too. Sometimes, if the block is small, I just eye-ball it. I find creasing the square a bit unstable because of the risk of stretching the square on the diagonal.
Old 03-01-2023, 11:48 AM

Cluckclucksew has a diagonal seam tape that I am just starting to try. I don't like drawing lines or creasing. This might be the answer for me. I maybe would try positioning my point just to the left of the red line to get a scant 1/4 inch seam If you go to the site, there is an illustration on how to use the diagonal seam tape.
Old 03-01-2023, 01:53 PM

Thanks for all the advice. I think I am going to mark and sew the scant seam. If that becomes too tedious, I'll try using the crease.

Thanks again for all the posting!
Old 03-01-2023, 01:58 PM
Power Poster

I usually mark and sew beside the line so when the corner is folded it, it covers the corner well.
Old 03-01-2023, 02:50 PM

I use a peice of sandpaper on a clip board to hold the fabric in place, then mark with a thin mechanical pencil. Sew a thread or two inside of the line. I seem to sew a lot of patterns that need those corners and this system works well for me.
Old 03-06-2023, 03:12 PM
Power Poster

I have a magnetic cutting mat that came with a 1" wide metal ruler. I found it years ago at Tuesday Morning store in the scrapbooking supplies. The magnet ruler holds the fabric in place making drawing the line super quick. I use it a lot to hold the fabric perfectly in place to mark or cut. I've seen the smaller magnetic cutting mats with a 6 inch ruler but never have seen the big mat and long ruler again. The small one will work great for most hsts.

Old 03-07-2023, 05:03 AM

I mark my line with a light pencil, and then sew just to the right of that...maybe a thread away.