Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Fons and Porter's show

I watch all the quilting shows except Alex Anderson whenever I want.
    For 24 dollars a year you get it all on QNNTV on the web.
    It used to be free but Fons and Porter bought the web site and now it costs.
    Quilterstv is still free but not near as many programs. Lots of Quilt in a Day.
    http://quilterstv.com
    http://qnntv.com

Blog Entries
    I watch it here in Maine. I just entered all my quilting show into my DVR recorder and it records when they are on.

I must say I enjoy Fons and Porters shows more then most because they really explain techniques to those of us who are visual learners. I save the episodes I might us in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by azdesertrat
    its on 8-10 here
    starts with americas sews,marthas sewing room,sewing with nancy, then fons and porter,i love sat mornings
    i get all those shows . i get them on wednesday afternoon. i set my fios thingy for that time every day and go on with life. they come in on RFDTV channel 279 on direct tv. i live in nj. i also get quilt in a day. they show that to the owls at midnight, but i put that on memory too, until i can watch it.

SAndi I also live in Ohio. Not sure how to find Fons Porter. We are under Armstrong Cable. Would love to watch it.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alfie
    SAndi I also live in Ohio. Not sure how to find Fons Porter. We are under Armstrong Cable. Would love to watch it.
    Thanks
    Alfie,

We're under Time Warner Northeast (we live about halfway between Cleveland and Columbus). It's on at 7:30 a.m. most Saturday mornings on WOSU, one of the PBS stations. WOSU is out of Columbus, from Ohio State. Sewing with Nancy is also on at 7:30 on another station, then a different episode is on WOSU at 8:00 following Fons & Porter.

I just did a search and discovered Fons & Porter (it's called Fons & Porter's Love of Quilting) is also on at 7:00 a.m. Saturday mornings on WVIZ channel 5, which is out of Cleveland. Like Sewing With Nancy, it's a different episode than the one on WOSU, which is neat. I just set it to record that episode, too. I noticed it's also on WIZHD, which is channel 411 here at 7:00 a.m., but we don't get that channel.

While I was searching, I found Quilt in a Day on two different times on a different channel and got all excited, but when I checked I discovered we don't get that channel. :(

Hope you can find it in your area! :)

I love to watch them.they have some real good ideas on there.an I also like there magazine to.

Quote Originally Posted by ERhausfrau
    I used to watch it all the time - even the re-runs. What you hear the second or third time didn't connect the first time. I wish we had Alex Anderson and Fons and Porter back. But then our PBS puts on other shows that have nothing to do with sewing and stuff - I don't even like our PBS any more. Edie
    Here, too. The oil painting shows and the sewing/quilting shows have been replaced with children's cartoons. Kids are so over-cartooned and they add more. YUK.

I have been watching Nancy Zieman and Fons and Porter plus many other quilting shows for several years. They are great.

Some of you may know about the online shows, but if not

you can check out Alex Anderson and Ricky Tim's, and QNN online you can buy memberships into these and watch oh so many quilting shows anythime you want. Fons and Porter also has memberships online for their shows.

Happy quilting to all, Teri 8)

Banned
    I looked for Fons and Porter's on my local PBS station, but they don't carry it :( We don't get any regular quilting shows, it would seem.

On the upside, if you go to the Fons and Porter website, you can buy a video membership for $20, and watch ALL the videos whenever you want. I looked through the episode listings, and it all looks really helpful and interesting, so I went ahead and bought a membership.

Imiss the show as it was. Liz Porter is very missed. I can't stand Pokey Bolton and the removal of Simply Quilts was such a loss. It seems that the television people are only interested in reality TV and murder shows etc. I love the new computer access we have but some are not comfortable with the computer so a whole group of people have been just pushed aside with the loss of good sewing and quilting shows. I guess that is called "Progress"

the pbs station around here doesn't show any of that any more...I am furious! Their Sat morning line up is more children's shows. This Old House doesn't even come on til 10 am - and i'm way into my day and gone..

I used to watch it all the time but it isn't on in this area anymore.(: :thumbdown:

bj
    Our PBS station in Lubbock has picked it back up. It comes on at noon on Mondays here, I think. Now it is MaryAnn and her daughter, Mary. I miss Liz, but still enjoy the show.

We don't get any quilting shows except when Nancy does a quilting series. But, I found that on Eleanor Burns website you can watch her programs! It was like a little fix for my habit when I found that out!!

I get quilting shows from early Sat, mornings until 12:30. But really miss Liz on Love of Quilting, does any one know what happened to her????? I have noticed that the daughter is on there now. "But where's the Liz"?

BJ Do you know what happened to Liz, and why she's not on the show any more??? :evil:

Is Quilting from the Heartland with Sharlene Jorgenson on anymore? I used to do handquilting for her.

From what I understand, Liz decided to retire to spend more time with her grandbabies.

hey darlene, thanks, never knew about this. i just looked it up here in nashville and it's on saturdays. will begin watching it now. great tip! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathy Edwards-Markota
    I get quilting shows from early Sat, mornings until 12:30. But really miss Liz on Love of Quilting, does any one know what happened to her????? I have noticed that the daughter is on there now. "But where's the Liz"?
    I've been DVRing them for ages. I only just started understanding what some of their shows are about the last couple seasons.

I am very saddened to see that Liz isn't on the show this season. While I appreciate Mary's newness to the show and has definitely increased the amount of showtime for people who are beginners (I've understood every show so far this season) I miss Liz. It's also odd that, since she is obviously such a huge part of the show and franchise, that they haven't said word one about what she's doing.

Last season, it looked like she lost a bit of weight, especially in her face. I wonder if she's been ill or something.

Almost makes me wonder how much mail they've gotten about it.

p.s. definitely miss Simply Quilts. That was a great show.

Quote Originally Posted by mpeters1200
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathy Edwards-Markota
    I've been DVRing them for ages. I only just started understanding what some of their shows are about the last couple seasons.

I am very saddened to see that Liz isn't on the show this season. While I appreciate Mary's newness to the show and has definitely increased the amount of showtime for people who are beginners (I've understood every show so far this season) I miss Liz. It's also odd that, since she is obviously such a huge part of the show and franchise, that they haven't said word one about what she's doing.

Last season, it looked like she lost a bit of weight, especially in her face. I wonder if she's been ill or something.

Almost makes me wonder how much mail they've gotten about it.

p.s. definitely miss Simply Quilts. That was a great show.
    Simply Quilts is the one I miss the most, too. She had such a great assortment of guests who did all types of designing and quilting. I loved Bille Lauder and Dianne McClun and Laura Nownes. Also Mary Ellen Hopkins and of course Eleanor Burns always caught my attention.

I was at one of Martha Pullen's Sewing Schools when Alex was a guest speaker. She had brought tons of quilts which she passed around for us to feel and study. I also got to visit with her in her booth. Of course we have a picture of that. What left an impression with me about her quilts (except for the fact that her hand quilting was so great!) was that she just pieced pieces of fabric from her stash in big blocks (no real pattern to them) to make the backs.

Our public TV station has dropped all sewing shows. Boooo!

I watch it on Saturdays at 4:00pm. The question is, where is Liz ?????

Blog Entries
    For those of you on Dishnetwork, Fons and Porter is on BYUTV at 5:30 pm central time, Monday thru Friday. It is showing the new season, whereas the local PBS station is showing the older seasons. For what it's worth, BYUTV is on channel 9403 on Dish.

Blog Entries
    If you have internet you can watch all the quilting shows anytime you want. There are lots of online quilt show sites, some pay membership and some free. QIAD has free shows, Quilter's TV is free, and YouTube has hundreds of quilting shows made for YouTube by quilt bloggers and professionals.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2