Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fons and Porter's show

Do any of you watch their show, it is on here on Saturday morning on PBS at 7:30 am. It is all about quilting unlike Nancy Zieman's which is every kind of sewing.

bj
    I like to watch it when I'm at home in Lubbock. However, I can't seem to find it on the PBS stations here in Austin. Very frustrating. I love their tips.

Blog Entries
    I don't get up early enough to watch it here. :D It's easier for me to watch the shows on QNN then record it. I can pick which episode I want to watch anytime.

its on 8-10 here
    starts with americas sews,marthas sewing room,sewing with nancy, then fons and porter,i love sat mornings

I watch it sometimes. It's on here at 7:30 Saturday mornings also, but I record it to watch later. I only record it when it looks like the topic is something I'm interested in. I didn't like it at first although I don't know why, but now I seem to be recording and watching it almost every week. They do have good tips.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by azdesertrat
    its on 8-10 here
    starts with americas sews,marthas sewing room,sewing with nancy, then fons and porter,i love sat mornings
    I get these here on Sat mornings..sewing shows from 8am until 12:30pm
    Once in a while they will show some during the week, also!! I love these shows...so many of the regular sewing shows demonstrate techniques that I have practiced using on quilt blocks too. :wink: :D

Their show is also on here at 7:30 a.m. on Saturday mornings. Their show follows Sue Hauseman's. Love them!

I love their show. I DVR it when I'm working so I can watch it later.

I used to Tivo it and it would come and go as would all of the sewing programs... however we now have direct tv and I just picked up a new one! Okay. I didn't sleep well last night I admit and I'm forgetting the name of said show but I can find out.... now I'm wondering what other sewing goodies are on that channel as well... (different PBS we are pulling from now - and I won't complain one bit!! I like having MORE sewing and quilting shows!)

Oh! It's the Quilt in a Day program that I'm picking up now - that one is new to my crafty line up. I'm glad to see Eleanor Burns work her magic lol

Banned
    yes, here i get it 11:30 on pbs.

Blog Entries
    We don't get a ONE quilting or sewing show here in St. Paul. I miss Fons and Porter and I miss Alex Anderson and Nancy - I ended up getting the Fons and Porter magazine and the McCalls Quilting magazine - haven't gotten it yet, I hope it is good. I got the pattern for the baby quilt I made that Bess is sitting on (the picture to theleft) from the Fons and Porter magazine and I just love it. The white squares there are handwritten little boy sayings like "Snakes and Snails,etc" and other ones. So if you live in the St. Paul/Mpls area, you're going to have to move to where they show the programs or get the magazines. Me? I prefer to stay right where I am planted and look forward to my quilting magazines and Taste of Home! Edie

My husband DVR's the show for me so I can watch it as my leisure since I work during the day. Their show is very good and very informative.

I've been watching their program for years and enjoy their tips, techniques and guests. If it's a program I want to keep, I will record it on to tape; otherwise, I watch and delete. They sometimes fall into the irritating habit of overlapping and interrupting each other at crucial spots, which is so annoying. I miss Simply Quilts, Kaye Wood, Quilt Central, America Quilts Creatively. But I still get Nancy Zieman, Quilting Arts, America Sews, Quilt In A Day.

How luckey you are. I can only get Fons & Porter, which I love at 3pm on Sat.I really miss the other shows.Have a great day.

Yeap. I have DVR too. Its the second best invention since caller ID.
    That way while I'm watcing it and the phone rings I can either pause it and answer the phone or ignore the phone and keep watching. Priorities

Super Member Sheree from Chicago's Avatar
    It is a more traditional quilting type program. I prefer Quilting Arts with Pokey Bolton.

Blog Entries
    I try to catch them on Saturday mornings. then Nancy's Notions. not much else on. I used to see Quilt in a Day with Eleanor Burns. I do miss Simply Quilts a lot!!

Blog Entries
    I used to watch it all the time - even the re-runs. What you hear the second or third time didn't connect the first time. I wish we had Alex Anderson and Fons and Porter back. But then our PBS puts on other shows that have nothing to do with sewing and stuff - I don't even like our PBS any more. Edie

I love that saturday morning show with Fons and Porter.

I do the dvr for Fon's and Porter We also get Eleanor Burns and I just love her. I have taken several classes from her and Sue they are great. We used to have more quilting shows on but these are the only ones that we get now.

I wish we could get Eleanor. She is great. I also miss Alex on HGTV
    Just not enough quilting shows. We get Georgia Bonstelle once and a while.

We used to get Quilting Arts, but for some reason it's not on here now. I've never seen any of Eleanor Burns' shows, but I've read some of her books and would love to see her teach in "person."

We are fortunate to have 2 PBS stations in Chicagoland (#11 & #20) and one from Indiana (#56), so 6 quilting shows are available weekly. I tape them and my beagles and I watch them on Saturday mornings. Both Cosmo and Kato prefer Marianne Fons and Liz Porter to Eleanor Burns. Must have something to do with the tone and timbre of her voice.

Last Saturday I attended a class given by quilting instructor Raymond Houston (www.nachogramasquilts.com), so this Saturday we'll have two weeks of quilting shows. What a wonderful way to spend a rainy & cold day and that's all we've been having for two weeks.

Oh! Sat the 24th they are having the Shadow Play quilt by Marti Michelle episode..... using the kaleidoscope ruler.....

You are very lucky! It comes on at 6:30 a.m. here.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast