Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Foot pedal stabilizer... >

Foot pedal stabilizer...

Foot pedal stabilizer...

Old 03-21-2016, 11:07 AM

either the rubber shelf stuff or the large spaced rug liner. I prefer the rug liner. You can buy 6 inches at Joanns and it will only cost you $2.50 (much less with coupon). Since it is 54" wide, I can use the extra pieces under plants and vases. I keep a smallish square with my baking bowls and use it under a bowl that I am hand beating (no sliding around).
Old 03-21-2016, 11:10 AM

Default Foot pedal stablizer rubber contact

Originally Posted by Bree123 View Post
I use that grippy shelf lining stuff. This isn't the brand I have, but it's the same type of stuff: http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/stor...d=drawer+liner
This is great...! I use this in the trunk of my car as well, when taking dishes to the church for lunches and don't want them to slide. I put between antique cake plates of my grandmothers. There are numerous uses for this rubber shelf lining grip, besides men's tool box. Good under our sewing machines when we take them to a class so they don't slip off the table. $$$$ saved. I would really hate to lose my sewing machine there. You could even sew a strip to the back of those pretty sewing machine pads with pockets to hold all your tools and sewing machine sits so pretty on at these classes to make sure the machine doesn't go flying off the table. Holds all those remotes pretty steady on the arm of a couch arm. Holds scissors steady to keep them from vibrating off and getting warped or broken or stabbing you.
Old 03-21-2016, 12:07 PM
Power Poster

I have carpeting, and use a folded gripping type shelf liner, which works OK. However, I did see a tutorial by the Crafty Gemini on You Tube, which looked like a nice alternative solution.
Old 03-21-2016, 12:22 PM

I have a wood shelf where it sits on my sewing tablle. I used 3m velcro stickies...not perfect, but it works pretty well. For my Sweet 16 my hubby built a foot rest which I covered with batting & fabric, stapled the velcro down and used stick on velcro for the bottom of my foot. It works amazingly
Old 03-21-2016, 03:09 PM

here is a link for the pattern for foot peddle holder http://so-sew-easy.com/non-slip-sewi..._a5y_p=3748343
Old 03-21-2016, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by QultingaddictUK View Post
I have used a car mat for years successfully
Now that just might work for me, as the shelf liner stuff in under my foot pedal and doesn't really work for me.
Old 03-21-2016, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Bree123 View Post
I use that grippy shelf lining stuff. This isn't the brand I have, but it's the same type of stuff: http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/stor...d=drawer+liner
I use the same stuff. I also use it under my sewing machines. It keeps them from moving around when in use.
Old 03-21-2016, 08:16 PM

I use Velcro hook glue to the back of my foot feed on carpet. It will not move! I do use the heavy duty Velcro. I have moved my foot many times and he Velcro still sticks. On a wood or tile floor, You could probably glue the Velcro to the floor and the bottom of you foot feed and it would stick.
Old 03-22-2016, 02:25 AM

Due to my short height, my feet will not reach the floor if the chair height is at the right height for my arms ergonomically. So my DH found an old computer printer stand which is slanted downward and has a lip on the bottom edge to keep the foot pedal from sliding down. A piece of sticky shelf liner is under the foot pedal as well. That was quite a few years ago, and it comes with me to quilt retreats, too. A happy solution!
Old 03-22-2016, 06:38 AM

I use an old brick that I found in the garage. Placed it right behind the pedal and it holds tight to carpeting and have had no slippage of the pedal at all.