Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Found my fat quarters & jelly rolls.....grrrrrr..... >

Found my fat quarters & jelly rolls.....grrrrrr.....

Found my fat quarters & jelly rolls.....grrrrrr.....

Old 11-12-2010, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by grann of 6
Originally Posted by BellaBoo
Unless it's impossible to replace I search for awhile and then go buy another. That's why I have a bin full of scissors and seam rippers, duplicate patterns and books, and a fat quarter to match most of the yardage I have. That's my world I live in. LOL
Yep, me too. But I couldn't find the fabric collection, and I had no business looking for it anyway, since I still have to finish the girl scout quilt. Now if I could just get off here and get busy on it....
get off here? that's no fun!
Old 11-12-2010, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by sherriequilts
Originally Posted by BellaBoo
Unless it's impossible to replace I search for awhile and then go buy another. That's why I have a bin full of scissors and seam rippers, duplicate patterns and books, and a fat quarter to match most of the yardage I have. That's my world I live in. LOL
Yep, me too. But I couldn't find the fabric collection, and I had no business looking for it anyway, since I still have to finish the girl scout quilt. Now if I could just get off here and get busy on it....
get off here? that's no fun!
All I have to do now is bind the girl scout quilt. I have had my nap so now I am all unrefreshed and not ready to go.
:roll: :? :-(
Old 11-12-2010, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Theresa
You all have examples of why...I don't make Christmas gifts throughout the year. I'll NEVER find where I hid them.
I use to do that with the kids gifts. Hid them so well all year long that I forgot what I had gotten them and where I had hid them. Eventually, someone would find them, usually the next year when it was time to start all over. LOL
Old 11-12-2010, 02:25 PM
Power Poster

I have been looking for a fabric for a while now... It was right out in the open the whole time... I kept digging and digging for it :roll: :oops: :lol:
Old 11-12-2010, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by raedar63
"besides the dog would have taken my sleeping space on the bed. "

HaHaHaHaHa!!!!!!!!!! I can relate!!!!
i only have a 11lb poodle but when i get up have to watch when i lay back down she curls up by my pillow, if it is cold she is under the covers with her nose sticking out
Old 11-12-2010, 04:19 PM
Power Poster

The part about your dog made me laugh my head off!!
Oh, do I ever feel your pain. I am terrible finding things!
Once I hid a batch of cookies from a ton that I made for my kids so they wouldn't eat them all up. Well I found those "rocks" about 6 months later hahahaha
We still laugh about that one :D
Old 11-12-2010, 04:34 PM

Since I have gotten a little older my favorite saying is "it's like having hot flashes,you never know when you'r going to get one or how long it will last." the same with something i miss place. It will show up sooner or later.
Old 11-12-2010, 04:37 PM

Honey -- don't let it get to you. I bought fabric, cut it out, turned around and realized I'd cut some wrong -- I still needed 5 1/8" squares....so I went back to town (60 mile RT) and got home, cut out the new fabric and went to the sewing machine --- THERE were the original 5 1/8" squares I'd cut. We all do that. It's not cuz we're getting senile......it's because we're so darned smart we have SO much in our brains, some things just seep out..... {{HUGS}}
Old 11-12-2010, 04:53 PM

Talking about loosing the remote, don't worry until you try to use it as a phone and it won't ring after pushing the buttons. LOL
Old 11-13-2010, 03:51 AM

Do you ever wonder how you can be so stupid?!?!?! Well, last night after cleaning up the sewing studio and still not finding those strips I was looking for, I couldn't get to sleep. In my mind I retraced my steps I have taken for the last 2 weeks. All of a sudden I saw this green storage bin with Christmas scraps and thought maybe they were in there. I was too lazy to get up and look then; besides the dog would have taken my sleeping space on the bed. Sure enough I just went to the basement on the furnace side, looked in that bin and there they were; along with a bunch of fat quarters I have no idea why I put them there. Why did I do that? It was Christmas scraps. I wasted so much time and energy just because I did something in a hurry. Grrrrrr.....

However, your sewing studio is now clean.