Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Found my fat quarters & jelly rolls.....grrrrrr..... >

Found my fat quarters & jelly rolls.....grrrrrr.....

Found my fat quarters & jelly rolls.....grrrrrr.....

Old 11-13-2010, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by grann of 6
Do you ever wonder how you can be so stupid?!?!?! Well, last night after cleaning up the sewing studio and still not finding those strips I was looking for, I couldn't get to sleep. In my mind I retraced my steps I have taken for the last 2 weeks. All of a sudden I saw this green storage bin with Christmas scraps and thought maybe they were in there. I was too lazy to get up and look then; besides the dog would have taken my sleeping space on the bed. Sure enough I just went to the basement on the furnace side, looked in that bin and there they were; along with a bunch of fat quarters I have no idea why I put them there. Why did I do that? It was Christmas scraps. I wasted so much time and energy just because I did something in a hurry. Grrrrrr.....
Maybe you can dream where I put the finished top that I need to buy borders for ! how can you lost a whole top, especially since I have probably looked for a dozen other "lost" things in the meantime ? Murphy's law.
Old 11-13-2010, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by skydiver70
Talking about loosing the remote, don't worry until you try to use it as a phone and it won't ring after pushing the buttons. LOL
I've done that!!!

I've also tried to turn the tv channel with the phone...
Old 11-13-2010, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by smitty
Originally Posted by grann of 6
Do you ever wonder how you can be so stupid?!?!?! Well, last night after cleaning up the sewing studio and still not finding those strips I was looking for, I couldn't get to sleep. In my mind I retraced my steps I have taken for the last 2 weeks. All of a sudden I saw this green storage bin with Christmas scraps and thought maybe they were in there. I was too lazy to get up and look then; besides the dog would have taken my sleeping space on the bed. Sure enough I just went to the basement on the furnace side, looked in that bin and there they were; along with a bunch of fat quarters I have no idea why I put them there. Why did I do that? It was Christmas scraps. I wasted so much time and energy just because I did something in a hurry. Grrrrrr.....
Maybe you can dream where I put the finished top that I need to buy borders for ! how can you lost a whole top, especially since I have probably looked for a dozen other "lost" things in the meantime ? Murphy's law.
I'll work on that tonight for you. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 11-13-2010, 05:28 PM

My mom always told me when I was growing up she should have named me Patty Forget!! Needless to say as I get older it still fits so I turn to my favorite saint and say this little prayer.
St Anthony, St. Anthony please come around. Something has been lost and can't be found. (Then tell him what is lost.) Amen
Old 11-13-2010, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by Sewze
I, too, feel your pain. I spent hours yesterday looking for my Christmas fabric and project stash that I've had for years and couldn't believe that I didn't find it even after spending two months orgainizing my stash. Then I decided to look in a closet that I just knew it wasn't in and there it was. So much for organization. LOL Getting old really stinks.
That is what happens every time I try to organize or clean up something.
Old 11-13-2010, 05:42 PM

Had a "new" lady show up today with her Very first quilt top.PERIOD. never looked in her bag before leaving her house since this was first quilt top from a prepackaged kit said all was there. Wrong. Will be back to drop off her backing which was still on machine with leftover scraps and she doesn't even have a "Stash" to lose things in. Now if I don't misplace top before she gets back!!!!
Old 11-13-2010, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Sewze
I, too, feel your pain. I spent hours yesterday looking for my Christmas fabric and project stash that I've had for years and couldn't believe that I didn't find it even after spending two months orgainizing my stash. Then I decided to look in a closet that I just knew it wasn't in and there it was. So much for organization. LOL Getting old really stinks.
Hey,Sewze....to my way of thinking getting old sure beats dying young!
Old 11-13-2010, 05:57 PM

I used to laugh when my momma lost something...She'd always say it was "put up"... So now, whenever I lose something and can't find it, I say I "put it up", and someday I will find it!
Old 11-13-2010, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by adrianlee
I can totally relate to your misplacement. Right now I'm looking for a bia tape folder holder thingie. I have 4 in different wideths and the one I need I can't find. It's in my mess somewhere. So I'm making the size of tape the old fashioned way, piece of cardboard pinned down on the ironing board as I pull "miles and miles" of tape and iron the folds down couple inches at a time. I'll probably find the size I'm looking for after I get this color of tape I need all done.
Invest a few dollars in a bias tape maker. Love mine.
Old 11-13-2010, 06:41 PM

I understand! I am forever losing(misplacing I should say) my Cell Phone!!!
At least you aren't alone.Right?LOL