Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Found my fat quarters & jelly rolls.....grrrrrr..... >

Found my fat quarters & jelly rolls.....grrrrrr.....

Found my fat quarters & jelly rolls.....grrrrrr.....

Old 11-13-2010, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Sewze
I, too, feel your pain. I spent hours yesterday looking for my Christmas fabric and project stash that I've had for years and couldn't believe that I didn't find it even after spending two months orgainizing my stash. Then I decided to look in a closet that I just knew it wasn't in and there it was. So much for organization. LOL Getting old really stinks.
Yes, getting old DOES really stink!! :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
Old 11-13-2010, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by crankygran
Originally Posted by Sewze
I, too, feel your pain. I spent hours yesterday looking for my Christmas fabric and project stash that I've had for years and couldn't believe that I didn't find it even after spending two months orgainizing my stash. Then I decided to look in a closet that I just knew it wasn't in and there it was. So much for organization. LOL Getting old really stinks.
Hey,Sewze....to my way of thinking getting old sure beats dying young!
amen amen to that.....
Old 11-14-2010, 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by Dee Dee
Know what's worse? Finding items in a place that you've already looked - they were just tucked under something.
For me the item doesn't need to be 'tucked under' anything. I finally found an item I had been looking for that was supposed to be on a small turntable in the cabinet. Well I found it......on the small turntable in the cabinet. :hunf: :oops:
Old 11-14-2010, 12:44 AM

I guess this is a reason to try to stay organized. I've been thinking of using see through containers but then DS would know how much I have - unless I put a skirt around my sewing table. ha-ha
Old 11-14-2010, 02:13 AM

Originally Posted by adrianlee
I can totally relate to your misplacement. Right now I'm looking for a bia tape folder holder thingie. I have 4 in different wideths and the one I need I can't find. It's in my mess somewhere. So I'm making the size of tape the old fashioned way, piece of cardboard pinned down on the ironing board as I pull "miles and miles" of tape and iron the folds down couple inches at a time. I'll probably find the size I'm looking for after I get this color of tape I need all done.
Was thinking of mentioning my folders when I read this.
In summer after craft group a friend came to borrow my
bias tape maker. Notions are in cabinet in see thru bins.
Not found . When she left I searched /organized everything. Thought they must be in the Fl place so in Nov
I will find them . OH NO -they are not here either.
Shopping -- found none in stock except the big battery kind.
I want the large size and kind like you have.
I am not imagining that I owned a 1/2 inch and 2"

So glad to know I am not "different"
Old 11-14-2010, 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by grann of 6
Originally Posted by smitty
Do you ever wonder how you can be so stupid?!?!?! Well, last night after cleaning up the sewing studio and still not finding those strips I was looking for, I couldn't get to sleep. In my mind I retraced my steps I have taken for the last 2 weeks. All of a sudden I saw this green storage bin with Christmas scraps and thought maybe they were in there. I was too lazy to get up and look then; besides the dog would have taken my sleeping space on the bed. Sure enough I just went to the basement on the furnace side, looked in that bin and there they were; along with a bunch of fat quarters I have no idea why I put them there. Why did I do that? It was Christmas scraps. I wasted so much time and energy just because I did something in a hurry. Grrrrrr.....
Maybe you can dream where I put the finished top that I need to buy borders for ! how can you lost a whole top, especially since I have probably looked for a dozen other "lost" things in the meantime ? Murphy's law.
I'll work on that tonight for you. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Okay, Smitty, I dreamed of where your quilt top is. It is in the whatcha-ma-callit next to the thing-a-ma-jig over in the corner next to the whoozit under the thingie in the little room beside the gizmo. Hope that helps :roll: :lol: ;) ;-)
Old 11-14-2010, 04:53 AM

Originally Posted by raedar63
"besides the dog would have taken my sleeping space on the bed. "

HaHaHaHaHa!!!!!!!!!! I can relate!!!!
She is a Great Dane weighing 130 pounds. If she doesn't want to move she won't. She has to sleep right up against me and if I roll over she moves with me till I am at the edge of the bed.
I'm happy that you found your fabric. I can relate! But I can't believe you sleep with a Great Dane!!!!! :shock: I'm scared to death of those animals.
Old 11-14-2010, 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by GailG
Originally Posted by raedar63
"besides the dog would have taken my sleeping space on the bed. "

HaHaHaHaHa!!!!!!!!!! I can relate!!!!
She is a Great Dane weighing 130 pounds. If she doesn't want to move she won't. She has to sleep right up against me and if I roll over she moves with me till I am at the edge of the bed.
I'm happy that you found your fabric. I can relate! But I can't believe you sleep with a Great Dane!!!!! :shock: I'm scared to death of those animals.
Oh you would love her. She is just wonderful. She was rescued from a puppy mill after having at least 4 litters of puppies in her short 4 years of life. She is a mother to anything she can find, be it a stuffed animal, a child, or her "brother". She is called a "velcro" Great Dane because she sticks to me or anyone who comes near her. a little leary of men.
Old 11-14-2010, 06:53 AM

I laughed at the dog in the bed story. Last night, it was cooler here than usual. I let the big furry dog in as I was going to bed. He beat me up the stairs and was curled up in MY spot on the king sized bed by the time I got to my bed. He ignored me and only moved to the foot of the bed when I nudged him. Then he lay on his back with his feet up in the air with a big sigh. I just had to laugh out loud at his antics. He only weighs about 65 pounds.
Old 11-14-2010, 07:51 AM
Power Poster

Oh my at least it was placed with other fabric and not in the fridge or someplace way out of the quilt areas. I think you still have your mind in tack.