Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: FQ'S at walmart

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    When I was at WM this morning one of the girls in Fabrics told me thet the FQ's are gonna be clearanced out. She wasn't sure when tho. So anyone interested might want to keep an eye out for that if you have a WM that still has fabric.

Blog Entries
    our wally world stopped carring fabric 2 years ago! when they did start the clearance, i got what was left on a bolt of one white on white, and 4 yards of the other White on whites.
    i have never been sorry either! i would of bought all of it, but not in my budget!

Mine got rid of fabric a couple years ago, too. So sad. It's like a 20 mile trek to get fabric now. Viva the internet!

Thanks for the info. My walmart still has fabric.

No fabric anymore at our local WalMart.
    Interestingly a few days ago there was a news report that they had stopped selling some items. There was so much complaining that they quickly restocked the items.
    How come that didn't work with the fabric department?

One of ours did a couple of years ago, but this last one is selling and not stocking. I bought a couple fq's and they were so thin, it wasn't much lost, but first time of being disappointed at Wal-Mart Fabrics. Sad that they are quitting, it's corporate. I bet Mr. Sam Walton would be upset with the imports and falling quality. Blessings Ruth

We still have fabric at one of our Walmarts, but they never did have fat quarters... sniff

One of my Walmarts stopped selling fabric, the electonics department took it over. The other one still sells it and had their jelly rolls for 9.00 normally 19.00. They didn't say anything about a sale and the shelf didn't have it marked down. I just really wanted one because I hadn't bought one before and the colors where really nice. I was shocked when I got to the register. I wish I had more money lol.

I just got back from Walmart and bought 4 FQ for $.25 each! :)

I need to go. I have to get down to my Wal mart and see if I can find prices like that.

I'm not really sure how Wal-Mart decides whether to keep the fabric departments or not. We have two local Wal-Marts that still have fabric. Coincidentally, one of them just installed a new rack full of FQs which they never carried before...go figure!

That's how ours started too they brought in FQ's and other precuts and the next thing you know the bolts are gone. We still have patterns and some supplies. I bought a 1/4" Brother foot today for $7.49. I thought that was good since I have seen generic for $21.99.

Walmart in my area does not carry it either.

I didn't like the 'feel' of the fabric in Walmart's fat quarters - too rough.

They are remodeling our wal mart..............get this fabric department. Making room for more fabric. YEAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! They dont sell FQ's at my wal mart but the other one does on the west side of town.

I believe with all the upgrading of the Wal-Marts and cost cutting measures, the fabrics are being discontinued, too cost and labor intensive for the margin of profit. I will definitely hit my nearest Wal-Mart (60 miles) and check the FQs to see if the ones I had wanted earlier are still available. It's too bad they don't check the demographics of the area before discontinuing the fabrics.

Banned
    The walmart closest to me discontinued fabric a year ago . Now they have a few precuts and a few fat quarters . They have 2 yd cuts for $5.00 . The other store has a fabric dept but was rumored it was closing after inventory and remodel . Well the remodeling has started . An employee in fabrics told me they are not closing the fabric dept ! Too many complaints , yeah ! Well we'll see . Annie

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Our WM has fabric, but not FQ! Wish it had both, but I'll go with the fabric if I had a choice.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by krazy4quilts
    They are remodeling our wal mart..............get this fabric department. Making room for more fabric. YEAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! They dont sell FQ's at my wal mart but the other one does on the west side of town.
    They are actually increasing your WM's fabric dept?

Under the stars and the moon and the sun...
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltingGrannie
    That is what they said when they remodled our wal mart. They moved it to another section and it was suppose to be bigger???? yeah, right. I think it is about half the size as it was before.....Sooooooooo Sad.......I may have to take a run over there.

Quote Originally Posted by imjustme
    One of my Walmarts stopped selling fabric, the electonics department took it over. The other one still sells it and had their jelly rolls for 9.00 normally 19.00. They didn't say anything about a sale and the shelf didn't have it marked down. I just really wanted one because I hadn't bought one before and the colors where really nice. I was shocked when I got to the register. I wish I had more money lol.
    My WM has them for $9 too!! I bought one of each that they had (7) and am waiting to see if it goes down further. I got two FQ at a quarter each but the rest weren't on sale. Don't you just love it when you get fabric on sale :thumbup:

The nearest town to me only had fabric at Wal Mart. When it started disappearing at the larger stores there was a loud outcry to our small country store to not discontinue it. They promised that it would stay. A few months later they remodeled and filled most of the store with beer, wine and pop. No fabric. I am weaning myself from Wal Mart. There food is all going generic also - yuk!

Blog Entries
    Our Walmart quit carrying fabric and now they have a huge electronic department.

Mine sells FQs and jelly rolls but the clerk told me that they are going to take fabric out in the spring when they revamp the store. On to the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltingGrannie
    Yes when mom started telling me they were moving fabric
    around I about went into fits. I said they better not close our fabric department. She and so did the ladies at the store informed me no not closing actually we are making room for more. As much money as I spend in there they better keep it. I just wish they had more notions.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast