Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
???freecycle??? >

???freecycle???

???freecycle???

Old 04-16-2010, 09:11 PM

i belong to our freecycle here in our town it is great especially if you want to get rid of something! but trying to get something is a bit harder because there are several people trying to get things at once we have come across a few problems with some people but they have been weeded out thaks to our monerators ,some people were giving away filthy dirty things just to get rid of them , some people were repeatedly getting stuff and saving it for a garage sale but in the overall it is a good group of people
Old 04-16-2010, 11:11 PM

I give and receive on freecycle.

When I first started last year a lady said she had about 25 pounds of quilting cotton thqat she needed to destash. I jumped right on it and went right out.

She had her son put it in my trunk for me. Imagine the surprise and excitement at getting about 200 pounds of fabric. All quilt shop quality. As I was also a new quilter with no stash I was doing a happy dance.

The next week I got a steam presser that had never even been out of box. She included things on felting and all equipment, patterns and roving.

Yes it works and I love it.
Old 04-17-2010, 02:18 AM

I belong to the freecycle in my area.

I have posted "offer" posts before and had good luck with people taking the items I no longer needed. Except one person who wanted me to drive 50 miles one way to deliver! :roll:
I don't drive at all.

I have only used the "wanted" post one time and got what I was looking for.

It is great when you want to do some spring cleaning and clear out things. :thumbup:
Old 04-17-2010, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by brookemarie19
I tried to join one of these 2 weeks ago, but I never got an ok from the moderator, so I guess I won't be able to check these out :cry: Maybe I will hear something soon though.
Try again. Sometimes they are gone or may be having computer issues. Definitely go back in and try again. I'm pretty sure if you weren't ok, you'd receive a notice that they aren't accepting new members at this time or something of that nature. We used on in IL before our move to find a home for a few items plus in the process we got some great packing boxes.
Old 04-30-2010, 07:49 PM

yes freecycle is worth it.
Old 04-30-2010, 07:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by no1jan
I belong to the freecycle in my area.

I have posted "offer" posts before and had good luck with people taking the items I no longer needed. Except one person who wanted me to drive 50 miles one way to deliver! :roll:
I don't drive at all.

I have only used the "wanted" post one time and got what I was looking for.

It is great when you want to do some spring cleaning and clear out things. :thumbup:
I have had the worst luck with freecycle in my area, I cant find anything much less give it away so I do CL instead. But it is starting to be a bunch of spam now.....:roll:

Billy
Old 04-30-2010, 08:11 PM

My neice had such a bad time about freecycle and I went over to read her setup and when she got the first notification from freecycle, she didn't click on the link to interface her information to the site. That was all that was missing, you gotta read all of the emails. They have several rules that need reading and they seperate them so you can acknowledge that you've read and understood what is expected. It is a great happening. I'm glad you that use it do so.
Old 05-30-2010, 02:23 PM
Google Goddess

anyone having any luck with freecycle???
Old 05-30-2010, 02:35 PM
Power Poster

I dont really have luck with it. I think there are some people on there ALL day, so when I answer an ad, its always gone. I had a few things to give away, but afraid to have strangers way out here...so no luck. We do use craigs list alot though!
Old 05-30-2010, 02:35 PM

I use it once in awhile. I have it set to send me the list in digest form. So I only get a few each day. When I have time I scroll down the list to see if there is anything I'm interested in. Sometimes I get something, sometimes I'm too late.
When I get rid of something. I list what it is and say it's in front of my garage. I don't want to wait around for someone to show up. I usually do this on the weekend when we'll be home anyway, just to be a little safer. When it's gone, I get back on and post that it's gone. This seems to work out well for me.
We gave away two bedroom carpets and they were gone in three hours!
When you keep in mind the reason, to keep something from the landfill, it's a pretty good thing.