Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Freezer Paper?

Banned
    I love freezer paper even though I'm not an applique person. I iron my blocks in rows onto the shiny side with just a quick press of the iron and then roll it up. Mark on the outside of the tube, row 1, etc. and toss a rubber band around it.

[quote=Baren*eh*ked_canadian]The next time I got skiing in the US I will definately try to find some!

If I go to Montreal soon I will let you know and maybe I can bring you some. I go every few months. Don't laugh, I am not a drinker but love Ice Cider and love going to Atwater market. I also went to a quilt shop in Point Claire that I loved. WIsh I could go again. I guess we don't have the big city air Plattsburgh and I miss it after living in NYC for a long time.

Maria

If you can't find any, I can mail you some. :) Let me know. :)

Those of you with a Costco can usually find it there, in BIG rolls! I have a DH, DS, and 3DDs that all hunt, so we are always processing meat and making sausage in the fall. I bought a box at the grocery store 4 years ago, put QUILTING ONLY on it, thinking it would be safe.....they ran out on the big roll and did not hesitate to ransack the sewing room for my stash.... the new small box is hidden better!!!

It is hard to find in your local grocery stores, but they usually have it. You can also ask the store manager to order it for you. Many here will do special orders, and it may still be cheaper than a quilt shop.

:D Don't you just love all this help you are getting? :lol:

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelley
    Those of you with a Costco can usually find it there, in BIG rolls! I have a DH, DS, and 3DDs that all hunt, so we are always processing meat and making sausage in the fall. I bought a box at the grocery store 4 years ago, put QUILTING ONLY on it, thinking it would be safe.....they ran out on the big roll and did not hesitate to ransack the sewing room for my stash.... the new small box is hidden better!!!

It is hard to find in your local grocery stores, but they usually have it. You can also ask the store manager to order it for you. Many here will do special orders, and it may still be cheaper than a quilt shop.
    if all else fails, hide things in the tampon box. No man EVER touches that box on purpose (although freezer paper is kinda too big lol)

Quote Originally Posted by babeegirl
    if all else fails, hide things in the tampon box. No man EVER touches that box on purpose (although freezer paper is kinda too big lol)
    Oh that is too funny!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
    I have a drawer in the bathroom, bet it would fit in there. No male ever opens that drawer!

There is a good use for Press & seal. I recently took a class in which the teacher had us use it for our quilting design. I drew it on the press and seal and put it on my block and quilted around it. Worked good.

Linda

WOW I never thought of doing that. Thanks. :?

Treasurelady---What a great idea-thanks for sharing that.

My favorite place in the world is Lake Erie Region USA
    Blog Entries
    I love freezer paper ! Have used it for years and found it at mylocal Krogers yesterday !

Great for kids to paint on, use markers and for crafts.. Wish you all could find it d! I agree.. It is BIG so usually on bottom shelf..

Saw it at Walmart too !

Ellen

For some reason, freezer paper is not widely carried by grocery stores. I shop three major chains in my area and only one carries freezer paper and, like Moonpi said, it's usually on the bottom shelf by the tin foil, wax paper and freezer wrap! It is fairly expensive and when it goes on special, it's usually marked down only about 20 cents, but I still stock up.

Freezer paper is usually found with the foil and wax paper. Dont know of any thing to replace it. Sorry, keep on lookin.

I'm not for sure but would parchment paper work also?

Banned
    freezer paper has a shiny side which is a light coating of wax to make it sort of water proof.

Blog Entries
    You might want to consider calling these places first to see if they have any. I always hate wasting gas on fruitless trips.

Quote Originally Posted by babeegirl
    My daughter went to a camp that didn't allow them to take candy (if found, the camp counselors, high school kids, got the candy). She grabbed a tampon box and filled it with candy. She almost pulled it off, then one of the counselors realized that Karrie was a 80# 6th grader, not likely to use those 'Supers'!!!

It was tradition that the kids try to take candy to this camp. The counselors had been there as 6th graders also, so they knew the rules!

Quote Originally Posted by Baren*eh*ked_canadian
    Ok, I'm sure this topic has been discussed to death, but I'm kind of stuck.
    Where the heck do I buy this stuff?
    I went to 2 different big grocery stores and a Wal-Mart today, and couldn't find any!!! The closest I found was the Glad press n' seal. does that work? Is it the same thing?
    Freezer paper is what is used to wrap meat in. Maybe you could go ask them if they have any in the meat department. I should have a shine on one side of it. HTH

Susan

I think you should find the store managers and just tell them to order it for you. I'm sure your quilting friends would appreciate that as well. :thumbup:

Super Member Baren*eh*ked_canadian's Avatar
    You know what?
    I went to a store that I don't usually go to because they rearrange stuff so often that you can't find it the next time, and I found some freezer paper!

We were just going to get some soup and vegetables to go with supper and we just happened to go down that aisle and it just kind of jumped out at me! It's pretty expensive though, 5 bucks a roll for the 18" kind, the only size and only brand they had,but I picked up 2 rolls anyway!

Thanks for all the suggestions, guys! :)

I bought mine at a General Store here in Ohio called The Anderson's and it was about $2.00 cheaper than Walmart. I grabbed it up so fast.

Buy mine at the local grocery store.

My favorite place in the world is Lake Erie Region USA
    Blog Entries
    http://www.draftingsteals.com/catalo...ls-yellow.html

The Yellow tracing paper is the same consistency as the pattern's we find in all the pattern's we buy ( Mc all Simplicity, from the large drawers after finding number in catalog.) . Does not bleed ( can use marker) very thin and same color. This can be bought at office supply stores. I have sent this address only to show an example.

I love this.. Great on needles. I have used freezer paper, copy paper. anything I can get my hands on.

During college days we called this BUM.. Don't know why.. But it is great stuff !!

Good luck !
    Ell

I have to buy mine from the UK quilt shops - I daren't tell you how much they charge for it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2