Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Freezer Paper?

Super Member Baren*eh*ked_canadian's Avatar
    Ok, I'm sure this topic has been discussed to death, but I'm kind of stuck.
    Where the heck do I buy this stuff?
    I went to 2 different big grocery stores and a Wal-Mart today, and couldn't find any!!! The closest I found was the Glad press n' seal. does that work? Is it the same thing?

In theory it should have been in all those places. It's EASY to miss because normally they only have one kind and they give it about a 6" x "12" space in the isle, which trust me in a grocery store rack is little. Normally they have it down by the ground level. I've missed it before myself. It would be with the shrink wrap, and the reynolds wrap. The press and seal is not what you're looking for.

Darn!
    Actually, there was nothing Reynolds brand at any of those places, that's what I looked for first!

oh then look by the aluminum foil. It's the paper products isle, with the Gladware and the ziplock bags, paper plates, etc.

Lol, maybe next time I'll ask someone who works there if they know what I'm talking about!

The only place I can buy it near me in BC is at a quilt shop, and it's kind of pricey, so my sis in the States, bought me this HUGE roll and gave it to me for my b-day.

I had a hard time finding it also. I finally found it by the canning supplies.

Actually, I never bought it, it comes to me free with my meat cuts at the butcher shop. He packs everything very neatly in little plastic bags and then it is put flat in freezer paper. When it is time to serve the roast or what may have you, I get the piece out of the freezer and let the freezer paper to dry on a flat surface and then I simply fold it for further use in my quilting projects.

Banned
    I have been saying for a while that the grocery stores were going to quit carrying freezer paper and the quit shops would stock it a higher price.

I bought a lifetime supply the last time I found it at the grocery store.

Let me know if you cant find it, Ill send you some.

For some reason, it usually is on the very bottom shelf.

No Moonpi, around here it's usually on the very top of the shelf where short people can't even see it much less reach it.

OK, I had the same problem a while ago until this board encouraged me as they have you.I finally found it on the bottom shelf at Target with the other wraps, including the Press n Seal. One of our larger grocery stores also had it. Now that I have been using it, it was worth searching for. Let us know if you find it. Try KMart too.

judee

If you have a local butcher shop (ee gads, I'm showing my age!!) ask if you can purchase some from them, or if they would sell you a roll or whatever. In the old days, they would just give you a hunk of you were a customer..can we say small town??? Do you have a fairly local resturant supply? Or a friend that owns or works in a resturant? Its out there, keep searching. Good luck.

Mary

One other thought..you might try a farm supply, in central Ohio we have Tractor Supply or The Anderson's. Let us know where you find it..and where you don't :D :D :D

If you can't find the cheap stuff at the grocery store or wherever, try your local quilt shop as most do sell packages of 8x11 sheets, but of course more expensive.

Ask them to start stocking it. Sometimes that works.

You might try Smart & Final, if you have one near you.

Blog Entries
    i have to go to a regular grocery store to find it, too. our WalMart does not carry it.

you can buy grocery store style freezer paper in bulk quantities online. whether or not it would be worth the cost depends on how often you use it. since you'd have to plunk down a hefty chunk of change either way, the type made espacially for crafts & quilting would probably be the best bet.

Blog Entries
    I just got so the other day . At the grocery store call Stop&Shop on the bottom shelf where they keep wax papper and the Reynolds Wrap,parchment paper. I also picked up the parchment papper and the wax papper. I use all three for cooking and quilting.

look in the canning isle ,we have a food land here that is where i got mine but . the email address is is www.reynoldskitchens.com and the number is 1-800-433-2244 i got this information off my box.

http://www.reynoldspkg.com/reynoldsk...7&prod_id=1798

Our grocery store doesn't carry it, but I found it at Home Hardware. :)

I found it at Walmart. Bottom shelf where all the storage bags and wraps are.

Hi, I live in Plattsburgh, New York. I know you will not find it anywhere in Montreal. We have a lot of canadian quilters that come to Plattsburgh and buy lots of it. I have had conversations with several of them and they always complain of not being able to find it there. Any chance you may take a trip to Plattsburgh? If you do, Walmart, Price Chopper or Hannaford they all carry it.

Maria

The next time I got skiing in the US I will definately try to find some!

Shadow Dancer, I never thought of that! I know there are a couple of home hardware stores around, I will try there just for good measure... It certainlty can't hurt. Otherwise I will have to drive down to plattsburgh!

Don't suppose you have a local butcher. If you can't find it at the grocery store or Walmart, somewhere that cuts meat should have it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast