Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Freezer paper... >

Freezer paper...

Freezer paper...

Old 05-08-2010, 02:31 PM
Pam

Bronny, there are several lenghts, but I think the largest box is around $6 or so, LOTs of paper. I just checked I currently have a small box and it is 15m.
Old 05-08-2010, 02:35 PM

No Carol Doaks paper cannot be ironed on, but why would you if you are doing foundation paper piecing?? Also I just bought a large box of freezer paper from Walmart and paid $4.98 for it. Will last me a looooong time.
Old 05-08-2010, 02:39 PM

With the method that you mentioned you were goingto try, I
would reuse the freezer paper more than once, as you are
not sewing through it but using it to stabilize the pieces as you
are sewing them. You could probably get quite a few blocks
from the same freezer paper pattern, before having to use
another copy, when the freezer paper looses its holding ability.
Old 05-08-2010, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by mic-pa
No Carol Doaks paper cannot be ironed on, but why would you if you are doing foundation paper piecing?? Also I just bought a large box of freezer paper from Walmart and paid $4.98 for it. Will last me a looooong time.
Because the idea is that you stitch just beside the folded paper and not through it so you don't have to tear off the paper later. Ironing it on makes it stay in place. Here is a link that someone sent me:
http://www.twiddletails.com/store/in...age=page&id=21

Sorry that the picture was unable to be shown and I understand the copyright law, but I didn't give any info and thought it might encourage more people to buy the magazine!
Old 05-08-2010, 03:06 PM
Power Poster

Wow, Pam, thats an Awesome idea! I'm going to try that too!
Old 05-08-2010, 03:16 PM
Pam

CarrieAnne, I did not think of it, I just make good use of the idea.
Old 05-08-2010, 08:32 PM

Just another idea--I "sew" the freezer paper without thread to create perforations. You can layer about six or so, hit them with a couple of staples in areas where you will not stitch, and then stitch away.

I did not print the lines at all, but just stitched the perforations and it was all done. You can reuse them a number of times before they get too linty and don't hold as well so you definitely need less sheets.

You will want to use a staple puller or be very careful when removing the staples also. :-D
Old 05-08-2010, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by zkosh
Just another idea--I "sew" the freezer paper without thread to create perforations. You can layer about six or so, hit them with a couple of staples in areas where you will not stitch, and then stitch away.

I did not print the lines at all, but just stitched the perforations and it was all done. You can reuse them a number of times before they get too linty and don't hold as well so you definitely need less sheets.

You will want to use a staple puller or be very careful when removing the staples also. :-D
Yes, that's what Pam suggested also. I have 16 copies printed on FP but will still "sew" them for better folding. Next time I'll know better!

Having you guys is like the pupil is at the front of the class and all the teachers are in the desks! I love it! Thank you all. Will post pics as I go.
Old 05-09-2010, 05:21 AM
Power Poster

Were you feeding them through your printer one at a time? Most printers won't work well if you try to stack them like regular copy paper.
Old 05-09-2010, 07:51 AM

I've had trouble with Carol Doak's running through my HP LaserJet 6P. The only way I can get it to work is to feed it through the single sheet tray one piece at a time. Otherwise, it pulls three or four sheets, and not at the same time. I end up with the design only partially printed on several sheets. It's not difficult to feed them through one at a time. Still, I wish it would work the way it's supposed to.