Freezer paper...

Freezer paper...

Old 05-09-2010, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by Pam
That looks great!
Ewww! Colors look bad here!
Old 05-09-2010, 01:45 PM
Banned

[quote=brushandthimble]for that many copies the $8 for a package of 8 1/2 x 11 would be worth it to me.
Which FP are you using?

http://www.cjenkinscompany.com sells freezer paper
8.5" X 11" also sells fabric sheets the same size. I use both all the time. Worked in my HP and Epson and now in my Canon printer.
Old 05-09-2010, 01:53 PM
Google Goddess

thanks for all of this information on freezer paper
Old 05-09-2010, 03:36 PM

Has anyone considered using tissue paper for paper piecing?? I have been reading these posts for quite some time, and I gotta tell you, I have learned a LOT....thank you all....
But.....back to the tissue paper....I just did my first PP and I used tissue paper.....worked great.... :-D
Old 05-09-2010, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by erblet
Has anyone considered using tissue paper for paper piecing?? I have been reading these posts for quite some time, and I gotta tell you, I have learned a LOT....thank you all....
But.....back to the tissue paper....I just did my first PP and I used tissue paper.....worked great.... :-D
I'm glad for you, but the whole reason I want to do FP is because it can been ironed on to adhere to the fabric and you don;t sew thru it, but you fold it and sew right next to it - which I thought might be hard to do consistently, it's not, it's really easy and no paper to rip off!
Old 05-09-2010, 04:31 PM

Bronny, you can stop looking in the supermarkets here for freezer paper. I have been looking for 5 years and no luck. I did a web search for Reynolds and managed to buy some here in Australia for a reasonable price. eBay sometimes have it also. Sometimes if I'm shopping for fabric in the US, I add it to my order.
Old 05-09-2010, 05:02 PM

Is there a reason for using freezer paper? I paper piece and simply use regular printer paper (20 lb weight). It's cheap enough and much easier to remove than f.p. A tip I learned from my quilt teacher, if you spritz the paper a little before tearing paper off, it comes out much easier. It can be a little messy because it's wet but easier on the hands. Also, I use 1.5 mm stitch length which perforates the paper well. This works for me anyway.

The quilt in my avatar was paper-pieced....a lot of it.
Old 05-09-2010, 05:32 PM
Pam

Originally Posted by vickig626
Is there a reason for using freezer paper? I paper piece and simply use regular printer paper (20 lb weight). It's cheap enough and much easier to remove than f.p. A tip I learned from my quilt teacher, if you spritz the paper a little before tearing paper off, it comes out much easier. It can be a little messy because it's wet but easier on the hands. Also, I use 1.5 mm stitch length which perforates the paper well. This works for me anyway.

When using the freezer papaer method, you iron the fabric to the paper and stitch right next to the line, so no paper to remove! Just peel the freezer paper off when the block is complete, and use it on the NEXT one, no long evening sitting in front of the TV with tweezers!

Your avatar is beautiful, a job well done!
Old 05-09-2010, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by vickig626

See my last post on page 3! This is not regular paper or foundation piecing - that's why it's so good!
Old 05-09-2010, 06:48 PM

I am sorry but I don't understand how too do this! I have had a bad day today but I read and read and it makes no sense to me. I thought, WELL I don't know what I thought. I can't figure out how you can lay the template of paper down and sew next too the line.