Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Frixion pen warning!

Quote Originally Posted by SandyQuilter View Post
    Please use all these disappearing pens with caution. Think of what they might do to your fabric in 50 or more years. I wouldn't use them on anything that I want to last a long time. A fine lead mechanical pencil works and won't alter/rot/reappear.
    SandyQuilter
    Sandy does have a point! Good thought!
    Thank You Lord for answering my prayers, in this I am truely blessed!

I have black and red and use all the time for cutting lines where any marks left end up on inside.

I love these pens and use them all the time. Yes if you put them in the freezer the marks will return.
    buddy'smom
    April's mom
    Tara's mom

Quote Originally Posted by romanojg View Post
    And if you stuck it in the freezer they would have all shown back up again; That's the other side of the coin; they disappear with heat and come back with extreme cold
    The marks do come back if you put the fabric in the freezer, but after you wash the item a couple of times the marks will not return. I love the Frixion pens.

Blog Entries
    I haven't tried the one I purchased, but was thinking that I would probably use it the most when making HST's so it would not affect/effect (can never remember which one to use without the dictionary) the quilt - I would love to use it when doing applique, will have to try it on a block to see what happens before doing a lot of them.

Same here, they leave a bleach line on dark fabric. I only use them now to mark a place that will be sewn, and not seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    I like them for marking on white or light fabric, but have found they bleach out dark fabric. I just avoid them now, except to mark inside garments I'm sewing.
    :-)
    CAS

I also found that they leave light lines after I supposedly ironed them out on dark fabric. I will avoid using them from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by SunlitenSmiles View Post
    In middle school the blank piece of paper that is passed in class...becomes a note when wrapped around a cold juice or soda can at recess.........tech savy kids today
    OH show me the kid who passes a note in school, they just text.... we are showing our age when we talk about passing notes. lol

Quote Originally Posted by CAS49OR View Post
    Same here, they leave a bleach line on dark fabric. I only use them now to mark a place that will be sewn, and not seen.
    When washed, does the white line come out?

Quote Originally Posted by OHSue View Post
    OH show me the kid who passes a note in school, they just text.... we are showing our age when we talk about passing notes. lol
    Oh no!! They still pass notes!! And oh my!!! The notes that i intercept!!! Sheesh!! they can make me blush!!

someone said that when the quilt is washed the white line disappears - as w/ everything - i will have to try that.
    my name is becca and i'm a quilt-a-holic :-)

Quote Originally Posted by jmckenzie View Post
    I also found that they leave light lines after I supposedly ironed them out on dark fabric. I will avoid using them from now on.
    Do the white lines wash out or are they still there after washing? Inquiring minds want to know.

NO, they stay. Only use these pens if you do not want the marks to show.

Quote Originally Posted by Jannie View Post
    Do the white lines wash out or are they still there after washing? Inquiring minds want to know.
    :-)
    CAS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2