Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Frustrations >

Frustrations

Frustrations

Old 05-02-2012, 04:53 AM
Power Poster

Definately get yourself a back-up machine if you can afford one. There is nothing worse than be itching to sew and your machine is broken or in the shop. Once you have a machine, start right in on the lap quilts. I can't concentrate on a new project with a deadline hanging over my head. He promised a stack? How many would they be happy with 4, 5...10? Get a number in your head and find an easy pattern like the 1600 and you can whip them out. What about using a panel instead? There are some great ones out there just begging to be stitched up.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:57 AM

No, you're not alone. I finally stopped taking new quilts in, and have spent the last month working on what I want to work on. I needed it......I was burning out........I was warned this would happen, it has, won't let it happen again. LOL
Old 05-02-2012, 04:59 AM
Power Poster

I can relate! Always several projects going, and in different stages. Makes things interesting!
Old 05-02-2012, 05:30 AM

I doubt I will live long enough to make all the quilts I have bought fabric for. Then there's the huge stash of leftover fabric from completed quilts. I also work two jobs. Allows me to feed my fabric obsession!
Old 05-02-2012, 05:30 AM

I can soooo relate. I just spent over 3 weeks making a prom dress for my daughter. I was chomping at the bit to get back to several quilting projects that I had going.
BTW What are flimsies?
Old 05-02-2012, 05:43 AM

You aren't the only one to have too many quilts waiting to be done or finished but anxious to begin something new.

2012 Resolution was not to begin a new quilt until I made a dent in my UFO's. Kept that resolution for a few months but then my small quilt/book group decided to show our quilts at our guild's quilt show and said I'd make 2. Oh, they were going to be small ones that I designed from inspiration from books we all read and that wouldn't take much time. No, they wouldn't take much time but since I haven't worked on them in a month or so I now have to rush and have them done to hand in on the 15th of this month. All the while I have plans for a new twin size quilt for one of my granddaughters running around in my head.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:58 AM

My hubby and I know better than to committ to anything for the other person. I learned the hard way with him when I committed for him and he wouldn't do it and I had to un-committ.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:44 AM
Power Poster

I would send the quilts to a long armer to do fast quilting on them. No stress for you and the quilts are finished.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:52 AM
Power Poster

Alone.....never! I have signed up for 2 mystery quilts, 2 BOM and have been commissioned to make a quilt, plus I have some in the works. How did this happen to me???? I always tried to keep a lid on the amount of quilts I work on and now it has exploded. I blame the internet for all the wonderful ideas, challenges, etc. Who can resist??? It's like opening up a box of my favorite chocolates, mmmmmmmmm!
Old 05-02-2012, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by Pat625 View Post
NOT alone here!! But if DH wants to make a promise HE should be willing to fulfill it!! LOL...I get obsessed with making a particular item, and will not be happy until it's done!!
I agree! If DH makes a promise, it's HIS responsibility to fulfill it!

Long ago, my dh came home and told me he'd promised the potato salad, for an office Christmas party (the next day- ooops! forgot to mention it earlier!). 10 lbs of potatoes, over a dozen boiled eggs, etc. and LOTS of watching pots and stirring. Guess who had to rush to the store for supplies, then stay up helping me, until that potato salad was finished and in the fridge, for the next morning! Needless to say, I made threats, regarding any future promises of his. LOL