Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Games for a Quilt Retreat >

Games for a Quilt Retreat

Games for a Quilt Retreat

Old 08-13-2009, 12:24 PM

Ask each person to send you a one line statement about something that no one else knows. Make a list of these (without the names) on one sheet of paper, distribute a copy to each person, and ask the ladies to guess who each of these belongs to. One lady in our group had actually walked on burning coals, and one had been a demolition derby driver!!!! They can go around asking questions to try and figure it out, but the only question you couldn't ask was "which one is yours?" The person who gets the most right wins a prize.

Have you ever done a "Wright Family" exchange? Everyone stands in a circle, and each person starts out holding a fat quarter (or it could be a quilting item with a set value). One person reads the story, and as the word "right (or Wright)" or "left" is read, everyone passes the item they are holding in the correct direction. It is amazing how many adults get confused about which direction is right and left <LOL>. When the story ends, the person gets to keep the fat quarter or item they are holding. No one has ever complained about what they end up with.

If you would like a copy of The Thanksgiving Cookies, which you can use as a start for your own Wright Family story, PM me and I will send you a copy.
Old 08-13-2009, 04:43 PM

(Have you ever done a "Wright Family" exchange? Everyone stands in a circle, and each person starts out holding a fat quarter (or it could be a quilting item with a set value). One person reads the story, and as the word "right (or Wright)" or "left" is read, everyone passes the item they are holding in the correct direction. It is amazing how many adults get confused about which direction is right and left <LOL>. When the story ends, the person gets to keep the fat quarter or item they are holding. No one has ever complained about what they end up with. )

That is a great idea too! What fun! I bet it gets alot of laughs too! Love all the ideas coming in...it is just proof we are all a bunch of fun!LOL
Old 08-13-2009, 04:47 PM

(I really seriously hate getting stuck with trash to amuse other people.).[/quote]

Scissor queen...I guess you missed a sentence in your reading..."Of course everyone will want to get rid of the uglllly white elephant...it will be like a hot potato! What they don't know...is the one that ends up w/the ugly...will actually get a really nice fat quarter selection...maybe make it pretty of 4 quarters instead of the 2..."

See the part that says 'what they don't know......'? The person that gets the ugly white elephant actually gets a 'better' prize then the others! Hope that helps:)Skeat
Old 09-01-2009, 04:24 PM

could you please send me the Thanksgiving Cookies story? My email is [email protected]