Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • garage sale pricing >
  • garage sale pricing

• garage sale pricing

Old 05-17-2012, 04:00 AM

Yardage is a different animal than scraps or leftovers and are priced accordingly - with cotton fabric going retail for between $10-$12 per yard, $2 & $3 a yard for fabric in good shape is still a great deal. Complaining about pricing is either a sales tactic or an annoying trait, both of which I blow off.

I always have a masterlist of the full inventory of what I am selling with the correct price, and each item has a pricetag with a code and price. When I see someone switching pricetags it gets "corrected" at checkout when I pull out the master list.

I handle shoplifting straight on: I quietly take the items from them (they're not their until it's paid for) and ask them to leave immediately or I will call the cops with their license plate and full description of them and the car. (This is, of course, after watching them "long enough" to be certain they're doing what I wish they weren't.) I am not afraid to offend thieves (who aren't in need), and anyone else contemplating the same moves knows I am watching.

(By the way, I have VERY successful garale sales!)

Last edited by Wunder-Mar; 05-17-2012 at 04:08 AM.