Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Generic Feet for Juki...industrial...high shank??? >

Generic Feet for Juki...industrial...high shank???

Generic Feet for Juki...industrial...high shank???

Old 09-16-2011, 04:20 AM

Hi everyone :)

I have tried to search for my answer before posting, so if I have just missed the thread somewhere....I'm sorry :)

I bought the fabulous Juki TL2010 a while back, but I don't know much about feet for industrial machines.

1. Are there generic feet for the Juki?
2. What is the difference in high shank metal feet vs. industrial feet?

I want to find an open toe foot for my Juki, or buy another one to "make my own" (that is dangerous with me behind the clippers/ nippers! lol) I found this link for a Janome with different screw on ends, but not sure it would work. What do you all think?? http://content.janome.com/index.cfm/...Quilt_Foot_Set,_Convertible_(High_Shank)

As always, thanks for you help, guidance, encouragement, support, giggles, and the many other wonderful things we are provided on this board!! :)
Old 09-16-2011, 04:27 AM

I will be watching this too, since I have a Juki 2010 and love it. One of the quilting feet makes much more noise than the other one, why is that?
Old 09-16-2011, 07:00 AM

I hve a high shank indusrtial Janome 1600P & all of the feet screw on with a little screw driver- no snap ons or levers to attach the feet. I think that may be the difference between high shank & indusrtial. I need to buy an extra foot to make an open-toed foot too as there is not one made for my machine.
Old 09-16-2011, 07:19 AM

Same here, MaggieMay. I have watched Lea Day's video on cutting the Juki foot to make it open-toe, but I am not brave enough without a backup! Not only that, I also hate to mess up my shadow quilting foot.

Perhaps all high shank screw on feet will work for the industrial machines?! The place I bought it from said you can use any industrial feet and specifically mentioned Singer, as an alternative to Juki.
Old 09-16-2011, 05:18 PM

I have a couple of quilting feet that I used on my Singer embroider machine, one is a big foot. I didn't think about using them on the Juki since the feet that came with it were so heavy duty. I might just try them.
Old 09-17-2011, 05:03 AM

Due to the lack of feedback on here, I called a few places. They said that often times, a high shank and industrial (both screw on types) are one in the same, although some high shanks are meant for zig-zag machines and may not work well. Like the Janome High shank link I listed above....I can get that to work on the Juki, but I have to get the one meant for a straight stitch and not zig-zag machine.

I found this on eBay and called the store in PA. The owner thinks it will work fine on the Juki. Since it's only $14, I think I will give it a try before I screw my $30 Juki foot up! lol http://www.ebay.com/itm/Metal-Free-M...0#ht_883wt_944
Old 09-17-2011, 10:30 AM

You can buy a generic foot for just about any machine; that doesn't mean you should. I've been told by my LQS and there have been post on here where they can mess up your machine and they don't last as long as the one meant for your machine. I know they are expensive; 130 for my mega quilter but I don't want to waste my time and money buying more when they break.
Old 09-17-2011, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by romanojg
You can buy a generic foot for just about any machine; that doesn't mean you should. I've been told by my LQS and there have been post on here where they can mess up your machine and they don't last as long as the one meant for your machine. I know they are expensive; 130 for my mega quilter but I don't want to waste my time and money buying more when they break.

I think I screwed up in my post title....I really didn't mean generic, as in no-brand, just an alternative that works. From what Reichart's (the Juki dealer I purchased from) told me, you can purchase any foot that is used on an industrial machine, as well as the old/ new industrial singers....he said industrial feet are standard across the board, unlike domestic machines. Who knows...I guess I will just cut my foot and hope for the best! lol
Old 09-17-2011, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by Just-Lee
Originally Posted by romanojg

I think I screwed up in my post title....I really didn't mean generic, as in no-brand, just an alternative that works. From what Reichart's (the Juki dealer I purchased from) told me, you can purchase any foot that is used on an industrial machine, as well as the old/ new industrial singers....he said industrial feet are standard across the board, unlike domestic machines. Who knows...I guess I will just cut my foot and hope for the best! lol
You might consider this:
http://www.sewingpartsonline.com/sti...nk-p60702.aspx

I found this on the Yahoo Juki group. They list the 98 as compatible and I'm almost 100% that feet that fit the 98 will fit the 2010. Several of the other high shank feet they sell show compatibility information as well. Maybe you don't need to cut that foot after all.

Good luck and thanks for the tip about Raichert's!
Old 09-17-2011, 04:59 PM

Measure your foot. A high shank industrial foot is 1 1/4 inches tall. I found a box of industrial feet at an antique store to fit my Singer 31-15. I then found an attachment box full of domestic machine high shank feet, I can use either or when I'm using the 31-15.