Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Giving Away your completed projects >

Giving Away your completed projects

Giving Away your completed projects

Old 11-03-2010, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by nab
I have a habit of giving away my projects to anyone who showes a real liking for them. Last weekend I made 4 super simple table runners. Of course I brought them in to show the girls at work and by the time I went home they all had new homes. Plus, I need two more. I can't help it. If you show a real liking to one of my creations you may very well go home with it. I had one quilt that I made at a class and my niece ended up taking it home with her. My sister commented one Christmas after she did not get a quilt, "when do I get a quilt?". Well she also took home a quilt. I made myself a quilted purse last month. Now they all (4 out of 5, one is in a wheelchair and does not carry a purse) want one for Christmas. I love giving things to them because I know they will use and love them. Is there anyone else that does this or am I just too easy?
I used to give all my projects away. A dear friend made me a craft album with pictures of all the items I'd given her & she made me promise to continue to fill the album with all myfuture projects as well. I have pics of every-thing since & now I've started keeping some for us. :-)
Old 11-03-2010, 01:40 PM

I find I do the same thing. I wish when I wasnt quilting I would have had a friend like me. It does give a lot of satisfaction knowing the receipient appreciates my work.
Old 11-03-2010, 01:42 PM

I do 'just give' quilts away ... it really depends on how I feel about the quilt at the time. Like my first Sampler was given away to some one I don't particularly like anymore....we were freinds, then the more time I spent with her the bossier she became, and she was too clingy/needy for me.. anyway she was begging for a quilt ( of course) for several years. this summer I gave her the Sampler; I didn't care for any of the colors in the quilt anylonger, and it was an odd shape, too narrow to really be called a twin, and really long... I don't miss the quilt it's self... I do miss the beautiful hand quilting I did on it. So, I'll do another one. And guess what?... she hasn't approached me since. Win-Win. I made room for another beautiful quilt, and my conscience is clear.