Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Goals for week of July 12 >

Goals for week of July 12

Goals for week of July 12

Old 07-14-2010, 06:12 PM

prep and sew applique on my MIL Christmas quilt 2) get sashing and connectors for BRandW quilt 3 ) finish quilting 2 snowmen wall hangngs,4) make templates for Cmas quilt for my mOM 5) make 2 baby quilts 6) start a Christmas tree wall hanging very large to take the place of real tree in dining room 7) finish 2 crocheted baby blankets and 8) make myself some winter clothes and even if I turn out to be Wondr Woman I have a gazillion more things that need finishing ASAp!! DooDah!!
Old 07-14-2010, 06:36 PM
Power Poster

Work on those two quilts for the twins who were born a while ago.
Old 07-14-2010, 06:40 PM

I just hate ironing clothes, but I found a way to go through the pile . Whenever I sew, I place the to-be-ironed basket near the I-Board. Every time I get up to open a seam, I iron one piece,before going back to the sewing machine. Certainly have less sewing done but I feel good about the well pressed clothes.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:02 PM

Well, this week should be pretty productive-
Today finished web design for my website.
Tomorrow I will start by taking pictures of my quilt room before I start to organize it and all the fabric!
Pictures to follow if I can figure out how that is done!
Old 07-14-2010, 10:33 PM
Banned

I need to finish this months doll swap quilt, and then I have a couple more to get done on request. and make 3 more sun dresses for grand daughter. God bless. Penny
Old 07-14-2010, 10:43 PM

As of tonight, I will have to do a little rescheduling because of helping DH with the garage on Mon. and some roofing. Tuesday my back and hips hurt like crazy and I was all cattywompus. My left shoulder was 2" higher than my left shoulder and I ached pretty good. It's what happens when you have fibro., osteo this, osteo that., yada, yada, yada.

I have finished cutting, sewing, washing and ironing 8 more pilllowcases for the Pillowcase Challenge making a total of 16 so far.
Pieced Junes Doll quilt, quilted it, will finish binding Thursday afternoon or eve.
Finished piecing July Doll quilt, had it quilted, didn't like it, took it out, will redo tom then bind it.
Cleaned up my sewing area.
Did more laundry, dinner, talked to DS three times as he was driving to Kansas CIty area, had good talk with DD about her job(s), talked with Workman's Comp. Dr..

Thursday I will tie up the tomato plant tops (boy are they looking good), finish cleaning my gardening bench in the garage, brush Laddie, clip Kadens nails, mow the lawn (approx. 2 acres) and trim front yard, shower, dinner, sew.
Old 07-15-2010, 07:26 AM

Wow, this is already the 14th.
1. Go to work 4 days
2. Dialyze DH 4 evenings after work
3. eat
4. sleep
5. Completely make 4 bow tuck bags that I have orders for.
6. Go to sew in on Sat from 9 - 3
7. Go to church Sunday morn.
8. watch Home Run Derby and All Star game and Cardinals games while dialyzing hubby and sewing.
9. Laundry on non dialysis days due to water pressure.
K, that's enough for this week. LOL
Old 07-15-2010, 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by quiltinghere
Originally Posted by MistyMarie
With only two weeks left before I have to go back to school (our year starts for teachers on the 26th!), I have LOTS to get done
You start back to school On JULY 26???? OMG - when did you get out?
The students start back on the 4th of August. We get out on the 20th of May.
Old 07-15-2010, 07:41 AM

1) Finish painting the closet doors in my daughter's room. DONE!!!!

2) Finish my July doll quilt. (All cut out, just needing to sew it together.) Getting there...

3) Kill the scary stuff growing in my dh's bathroom. Then paint the entire bathroom a BRIGHT yellow. Killed the ickies... painting as soon as I get off the computer!

4) VBS every night from 6 to 8pm! (I am the basket weaver) Three nights down... two to go. They asked me to decorate a cake for Friday, but I declined. I ordered one from Sam's instead!!!

5) Take the kids to the zoo on Wednesday morning before the temperature hits 100+ degrees! DONE! We left by noon because it was TOO HOT!

6) Finish all the laundry and reorganize the closet. Did one load so far... today's the day for laundry too! (Closet will have to wait.)

7) Clean out the garage enough to park my vehicle in it! Not going to happen this week. Oh well.

8) Finish my two distance learning classes and get mailed off. Almost done with one. Just need to type it up. Will start the other one next week.

9) Begin lesson planning for next school year. (I am teaching a new subject, so I am starting from scratch!) Again, putting off til next week.

10) Get my kitchen ready for a new dishwasher that is hopefully going to be delivered this week! Pretty clean and ready, they just haven't called to let me know it is in. Guess that will have to be next week too.
Old 07-15-2010, 07:43 AM

Yeah, what is a crumb block. I was hoping someone would ask. I just kept reading until someone did. Now I hope I don't miss the answer! LOL
Sharon