Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Going to Lancaster this weekend >

Going to Lancaster this weekend

Going to Lancaster this weekend

Old 09-08-2009, 07:41 PM

I saw the grey and brown one and I like grey and brown together so well I thought I would choose them. Then the othes seemed to fall into place. and anythime i see a fabric that looks like a jester fabric I have to have some of it. I may make myself a purse with them. My frien bought some too for a purse she wants to make. I imagine I will be making a purse right along with her so I can help her with the instructionsthesewords are undulatingin the lines and talking to other words i odnt think theklikmy choices
so should I why al i out htatsdrtbig groups are too scarry
I lik e littlelgrous this is too big
ans we aare sooo tired,poop is cleaned,boob oo he ran away
ithought brown black cream animal prints nice purse very soft strap. hidden compartments. no on = smart enough. fingers heavy. Soft piollw, quilt washed again. and again no more
going now bye
Old 09-09-2009, 12:10 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Hey K I hope you had a good, loooong sleep - looks like you needed it! :shock: :lol:
Old 09-09-2009, 02:12 AM

Lisanne--my niece has a street address of Canyon Creek--not too far from their church--yep, there is a prison there.

kwhite--do you know of a nice and easy handbag pattern? I know there are oodles of patterns. I have never made a "bag" but would love to--you may have to talk me through it too :D Hope you got some good rest. Also, I am a little confused--did you find great deals at PA Fabric Warehouse in Lemoine? At first, I thought you did not get a "bang" out of going there.
Old 09-09-2009, 06:26 AM

Good Lord I really shouldn't try to type after my sleeping pill. I don't even know what I was saying there. My GF bought a purse pattern and we will be using that. Though if you do a search on this boadr you should fins a link thread that has lots of easy bag patterns on it. some were really cute.
Old 09-09-2009, 07:17 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by kwhite
Good Lord I really shouldn't try to type after my sleeping pill. I don't even know what I was saying there.
Phew! Glad it wasn't only me then! :shock: :lol:
Old 09-09-2009, 07:34 AM

Nope the Fam tells me I am not human after the pill. I guess i was speaking whatever language what I turn into speaks.
Old 09-09-2009, 09:20 AM

... and anythime i see a fabric that looks like a jester fabric I have to have some of it.
You mean harlequin motley, like this? I love it, too. I'd like to make a quilt using a motley pattern. By the way, I got this at The Old Country Store, yup, in Lancaster. Specifically in Intercourse. Not to taunt you - you will just have to come back. They also sell over the Internet. http://www.theoldcountrystore.com/

Harlequin-like batik fabric.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]47415[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-47415.jpe  
Old 09-09-2009, 09:24 AM

ssteacher, I'll check it on the map. Thanks! Good to know where it is.
Old 09-09-2009, 01:32 PM

A must stop, IMHO, is Hayloft Fabrics. It's off the PA turnpike. They have a website but to me there's nothing like in person.

It's been awhile, but there's another called The Quilt Shack or Fabric Shack. It looks like a brick front house but is just stuffed with fabric in rooms all over. To the back is the bargain room. Great prices!
Old 09-09-2009, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Lisanne
... and anytime i see a fabric that looks like a jester fabric I have to have some of it.
You mean harlequin motley, like this? I love it, too. I'd like to make a quilt using a motley pattern. By the way, I got this at The Old Country Store, yup, in Lancaster. Specifically in Intercourse. Not to taunt you - you will just have to come back. They also sell over the Internet. http://www.theoldcountrystore.com/
Yes this is exactly what I mean. My DD is a Theater Geek and I love things that are Theater/Renaissance related.