Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Going to Paducah >

Going to Paducah

Going to Paducah

Old 03-25-2010, 08:24 AM

Forgot to mention I always take a ton of pics of the quilts. Main problem is waiting till you can get a clear shot without a dozen people in front. You can't take pics of the vendors booths and quilts unless you ask. I often get a pic if I am buying a pattern or the blocks of the shows shop hop so I have a good idea of the colors and fabric that were being used but I always ask first.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:28 AM

And don't forget to buy a t-shirt -- I have one for each year that I've been. They are always so cute and they have several in different styles to please everyone.....Last year I bought the bright red one :lol: :lol:
Old 03-25-2010, 08:52 AM

Don't miss anything if this is your first you may want to go slow & go back & see everything again you will miss thing the first time I bring a note pad & wright down what I want to go back & see again . What booths are there & what they are giving away like information which is very important, I have been a few times was there last year, I only live about 2 hours from there.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:03 AM

I am going too! i am SO SO excited! I am meeting up with a childhood friend, and we will spend the time getting caught up and taking in ALL the sights! Leaving hubbies at home, will be just the two of us. She has gone previously, so will be the tour guide. I can't wait!
Old 03-25-2010, 09:23 AM

I am turning green! Have been to Houston several times, its close. One day I will drive to KY. I know you will have a great time!
Old 03-25-2010, 10:03 AM

I have gone several times and my advice is to go for a minimum of 2 days. 3 would be much better. I went with a bus group to the one in Chicago for 1 day and didn't enjoy that. Rush, rush, rush trying to see everything & feeling like I missed 1/2 of it. Never again. I take 2 days for sure!
Old 03-25-2010, 11:19 AM

I am going! will be there on Thursday, the 22nd. I am going by bus from a LQS. Let the driving to them and rest going and coming home. Have done the bus thing for several years, and it is the best I can do, can't stay the whole show, although I did that one year, and LOVED it!
You can take photos of the quilts! I have bought their book with pictures so I don't miss any, but also thake my own photos of my favs. I was able to take photos with some of the quilters next to their quilts and that was neat.
You will LOVE it Bella, but do wear comfortable shoes, and other clothing as well, in layers, and the temps can change in various venues. Carry a water bottle!
Solo, or with friends, it is an awesome experience.
How will we know when we meet other forum members? Were we going to have a picture of Admin on our person somehow?
Old 03-25-2010, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Shemjo
I am going! will be there on Thursday, the 22nd. I am going by bus from a LQS. Let the driving to them and rest going and coming home. Have done the bus thing for several years, and it is the best I can do, can't stay the whole show, although I did that one year, and LOVED it!
You can take photos of the quilts! I have bought their book with pictures so I don't miss any, but also thake my own photos of my favs. I was able to take photos with some of the quilters next to their quilts and that was neat.
You will LOVE it Bella, but do wear comfortable shoes, and other clothing as well, in layers, and the temps can change in various venues. Carry a water bottle!
Solo, or with friends, it is an awesome experience.
How will we know when we meet other forum members? Were we going to have a picture of Admin on our person somehow?

We could all wear Gorilla suits..... :lol: :lol:
Old 03-25-2010, 12:33 PM

Sewjoyce: I love your kitty. Is it a Maine coon?
Old 03-25-2010, 12:39 PM

Sewjoyce, my mother made a gorrilla costume for my brothers a lifetime ago. I wonder who has it now, I think it is in Wisconsin!