Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Good In-Store Places to Shop for Fabric >

Good In-Store Places to Shop for Fabric

Good In-Store Places to Shop for Fabric

Old 01-01-2011, 09:54 PM

Several mentions of Fabric Depot in Portland, OR but they also have the Mill End on McLaughlin. Haven't been there in years but checked online the other day and they're still open-
Old 01-02-2011, 03:57 AM

Actually I think this is a good idea. Hubby and I went on a cruise to New Zealand last year, I tried googling quilt shops in the ports we would be visiting but did not get much of a response partly because the address were old and hadn't been updated. Having a list of places in a new city/state or area that is frequented by others would have been very handy.

Maybe1day
Old 01-02-2011, 05:14 AM

Yes there is but most of these types of sources require a store or place to pay to be in it. There are plenty of places around that simply do not participate in these types of sources. I think her idea is GREAT.
Old 01-02-2011, 05:17 AM

Originally Posted by Holice
Several months ago I ask for recommendations of in store places to shop for fabric. It was my intention to create a list for those who might be traveling or those in surrounding areas.
I did get a very vew names. Most of the responses were related to on line shopping.
I would like to start this again for the new year. I will compile a list by state etc.
NOW.......this list is not on line places but stores or warehouses that sell fabric to the public.
What places do you know of?
Love your idea and hope you put it on this site when you finish. Many stores do not participate in published books of sources etc since it requires them to pay to be in it.
Old 01-02-2011, 09:15 AM

Guildcrafters.com in Berkley, MI is a wonderful shop in Tecumseh, MI that is great. They have a huge selection of top quality materials and Sew Elegant in Pt. Huron, MI has a very good large selection also.
Old 01-02-2011, 12:02 PM

Tiny Stitches, Marietta, Georgia
Little Quilts, Marietta, Georgia
Magical Threads, Dahlonega, Georgia
Quilts & Fixins, Jonesboro, Georgia (very friendly)
1910 Quilt Shop, Hogansville, Georgia (very friendly)

Not that the others aren't friendly but you feel like part of the family when you walk into the last two.
Old 01-02-2011, 12:09 PM

If anyone ever comes to Pensacola, Florida they need to visit A&E Pharmacy. Don't let the name fool you. One part of this store is a pharmacy (old one that has been around forever) but the majority of the store is a HUGH fabulous fabric store that carries all the major companies, in store specials and sales tables and racks. It's almost as good as the big Amish stores in Pennsylvania. If you live near there like I do you becomr addicted! :shock: :thumbup:
Old 01-02-2011, 12:11 PM

Also - there is a place in Foley Alabama that sells fabric by the pound. Will get more info on that one for you.
Old 01-02-2011, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Jo Mama
Also - there is a place in Foley Alabama that sells fabric by the pound. Will get more info on that one for you.
Believe you got the place in previous message - Fabrics by the Pound - neat place.
Old 01-02-2011, 12:27 PM
Banned

There is also a place in north east Alabama. It is called Hice. They sell scrap bags from their manufacturing of medical clothing. Nice selection of fabric prints and solids. It is a bit heavier than quilters cotton but still good for utility and charity quilts. Believe also they sell it by the 50 pound box on line. I will get more info.
The one time I bought the smallest piece was about 4" square. Usual clothing mfg remnants and cuttings.