Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Gotta Haves/Wish List >

Gotta Haves/Wish List

Gotta Haves/Wish List

Old 10-10-2014, 07:47 PM

I was going to post a question about what to look for at my very 1st quilt show DH is taking me to in Houston this month but reading this post I seen some things I'd like to have so I made myself a list off of your lists to look for so I wont be posting my question but if anyone comes up with anything else I'm all ears!
PS, Is the fabric there usually priced a lot cheaper than at LQS?
Jeri
Old 10-10-2014, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Is the fabric there usually priced a lot cheaper than at LQS?
In my experience, no, it is not a lot cheaper. A few vendors might have some stuff they've marked down, but they're there to make money, and it's not cheap to rent the booth space, pack and haul all their loot, pay for hotel rooms, etc. But there is tons to look at and drool over!
Old 10-10-2014, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by donna13350 View Post
That would be a GREAT idea for this board! We could have a wish list section so people that are shopping for us for X-mas, birthdays, etc. could go there and see a list of what we'd REALLY like as gifts!!! We could even list the products , and the best places to buy, or even places we'd like gift certificates for!
I wonder if we could? Sure make gifts easier...
Old 10-10-2014, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by quiltingshorttimer View Post
I "discovered" 2 things at a retreat this week--a Big Time hands free magnifier that I bought at a quilt show a week ago and my Dr. Scholls $20 vibrating, heating seat pad for my office chair. With that set up I sewed for 3 days and no back ache!! Made me sit up very straight and was just perfect.
My wish list right now would be a real design wall (I use the guest room bed) and either a ScanN Cut or Shilouette Cameo. But I'm getting a new knee instead....
DH will be having his soon too...I hope you love it! Heal quick!
Old 10-11-2014, 06:02 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by tropit View Post
A good light! I have an inexpensive task light that's very portable, so I can move it all around my sewing area, as needed.
Watch joanns fabric for when they have their ott lights on sale. I have bought several on sale for less than 1/2 price. I have heard but never checked that some of their bulbs fit in regular sockets
Old 10-11-2014, 06:04 AM
Power Poster

My wish list.... More time and more room......enough for a computerized long arm AND the money to pay for it :-)
Old 10-11-2014, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by feffertim View Post
Haha I second this
May I third it? We moved recently, so now I not only have the cost of the fabric invested in my extensive stash, I also have the cost of moving it about 1,000 miles! I have to start sewing, sewing, sewing!!!
Old 10-11-2014, 06:57 AM
Power Poster

I don't have a wish list for quilting. Nothing I want is that expensive I can't get, if I truly want it. I do wish I had more time to travel to the large quilt shows and take many more workshops.
Old 10-11-2014, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by Cathy77 View Post
A more advanced sewing machine!

I'm not much of a gadget person otherwise, but I'd like to get a better machine than my basic brother so I can learn how to FMQ.
I have a low end Brother and a high end Brother, and this is what I have learned. You can FMQ on a low end Brother, just buy a "darning" or "FMQ" foot. They don't cost much, usually around $10 or less. Put your machine on a couple old mouse pads from computers to control bounce and vibration, and go for it! I believe in you. You can do it!
Old 10-11-2014, 08:58 AM

I wish I had one of those Acqu-cutter Go machines. Of course, I dream about the new $500.00 ones. Cutting really makes the arthritis in my hands "sing".