Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Grace Wooden Frame Issue and Question >

Grace Wooden Frame Issue and Question

Grace Wooden Frame Issue and Question

Old 06-12-2022, 06:08 AM

Default Grace Wooden Frame Issue and Question

I have a Grace wooden frame I purchased used. It came with a Juki T98 machine. I had many issues with the Juki after moving so decided to purchase another Juki 2000qi because I know the machine and it works nice. However, what I am encountering is the handles on the part that holds the machine to quilt, and the throat and height of the machine, I cannot have the front and back bars level. My back bar holding the quilt is higher. The only way to make it level would be to cut off the handles on the part that holds the machine to be able to move it to quilt (sorry my mind is blank and I cannot remember the name of that part!) so that I can raise the front bar to make the fabric level.
Does anyone have a suggestion on how to fix this issue? Or is my only solution to buy a new machine that has a higher throat?
Old 06-12-2022, 07:27 AM

I don’t know about anyone else but I would love to see a picture of what you are describing. Sorry I just can’t picture it. Good luck with your issue, hope your able to get it worked out.
Old 06-12-2022, 09:30 AM

I tried attaching a photo but it won't attach. Not sure if I'm doing it right.
Old 06-13-2022, 04:00 AM

You may be talking about the carriage? Still, I'm another person who can't picture it and would have to see it to figure out what you are asking.
Old 06-13-2022, 04:33 AM
mkc

Originally Posted by Becky G View Post
what I am encountering is the handles on the part that holds the machine to quilt, and the throat and height of the machine, I cannot have the front and back bars level. My back bar holding the quilt is higher. The only way to make it level would be to cut off the handles on the part that holds the machine to be able to move it to quilt (sorry my mind is blank and I cannot remember the name of that part!) so that I can raise the front bar to make the fabric level.
Does anyone have a suggestion on how to fix this issue? Or is my only solution to buy a new machine that has a higher throat?
Are you sure you have it assembled correctly? Not sure which model frame you have, but Google images of Grace wooden quilting frame to see if it's put together correctly. It sounds like it isn't.
Old 06-13-2022, 11:29 AM

I think "the part that holds the machine" might be the carriage. If the belly bar and back bar are not at the same height, then I agree with the others, the frame is not set up correctly. But we still need pictures to verify and help you.

The most common issue when loading pictures is file size. You need to make sure the picture is less than 2 mb.

Here is a link to instructions for uploading pictures to the board.